30 Day Shred work out

debbie1008

Hello cruisers!

Has anyone tried "30 Day Shred", by Jullian Michaels? She is one of the trainers from the Biggest Loser show on tv. I've been doing her program for about 6 weeks and I have lost approx 10lbs and several inches from my waist, bum, thighs etc. My body is toned and I feel great!

The video consists of 3 levels; beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each level consists of 3 circuits; 1 minute warmup, 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of ab training and a 1 minute cool down.

Each level is 20 minutes total and you will definately see the results. I work you with this video about 4 to 5 times a week and I LOVE IT!!! I am literally dripping in sweat by the end of each workout, but I know it's only for 20 minutes.

Most people can include 20 minutes in their day for a workout. I personally don't have the time to drive to the gym, do a workout, drive home etc. This allows me to get a very good workout in around my schedule. I have about 8lbs to go and I know I will be able to do it.

I recently puchased The Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Scuplt so I can have a variety of workouts so I can break through any "plateaus" and "muscle memory".

Finally, I love that the last 2 videos (mentioned above) because they have the actual contestants working out along with the trainer and not a tiny gym bot who makes it look sooo easy. ;)

Cheers!

Debbie

Phinfan63,

All you need is handweights and a mat if you are working out on a hard surface. I would recommend you start with 5lb weights and gradually move up to 8lbs weights etc. As you get better with the work out or if you feel it is too easy then you only need to increase your weights. Remember if it doesn't burn then it's not working.

Hope this helps!

Debbie

What do you use for the strength training? Hand weights? As for the cardio, what type things do they normally do? Do you need a lot of jumping around room?

I am on day 8 of the 30 day Shred. I am a WW Lifetimer have gone to gym religiously 3-5 times a week for almost 3 years (maintained goal weight). I heard great reviews about this program and wanted to tone up my tummy to wear a bikini for my Nov cruise. So far, seems to be working.:D

You will definately be able to wear a bikini for your cruise in Nov! My stomach is almost flat when I sit down, no more rolls. That's how I know it defiantely works!

Good luck!

Debbie

I am on day 8 of the 30 day Shred. I am a WW Lifetimer have gone to gym religiously 3-5 times a week for almost 3 years (maintained goal weight). I heard great reviews about this program and wanted to tone up my tummy to wear a bikini for my Nov cruise. So far, seems to be working.:D

You are absolutely right. Once I advanced to level 3, I thought I was going to die, but it felt great being able to keep up. Doing level 1 & 2 first for at least a couple of weeks on each level, gets you ready for level 3.

Keep it up! :)

Debbie

I do this workout when i'm pressed for time...

You will know you have worked out.

This workout kicks my butt harder than 45 min on the treadmill and 30 to 40 min with bowflex & free weights

Leigh

Misty,

The 30 day shred is indeed a challenge but I need the challenge because I plateau very easy now that I'm near my goal. My suggestion is to stick with the 30 day shred 2 to 3 times a week and incorporate the other 2 videos (Power Scuplt and Cardio Max). Both videos have a 5 minute warmup, a 20 min level 1 workout, a 10 minute level 2 workout, a 10 minute level 3 workout and finally a 5 minute cool down.

So you can incorporate these videos so you have a variety of workouts. I will do a 5 minute warmup, a 10 minute level 3 scuplt, a 10 minute cardio workout on level 2 and a 5 minute cool down. Even though the circuits are 10 minutes they target all areas, legs, arms, core etc, in a shorter amount of time. While I'm doing the workout, I say in my head, "I can do this for 10 min or 20 minutes". You also have the option of turning off the instructor so you just hear the music. I personally love Jullian 'cause she is in your face and she wants you to achieve results.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Good luck and keep it up!

Debbie

Hmmm... I have tried this workout and it is a challenge. I did it 3-4 times and just couldn't take Jillian anymore. I may try it again. Do you like the other workouts better than the shred?

Archived