HELP! Wanted to surprise parents who are on inspiration RIGHT NOW! A memeber here!!

Wantstosurprise

My mother is Holly. I believe her user name is cruzinwithhubby or something similar. She is on the Inspriation that sailed yesterday and will be back on Saturday into Tampa. I am very dissappointed. Just a few days ago I remembered that about a year ago I heard my mother say that there was a certain song she wanted to dance to with my father on her anniversary (this is the reason for thier cruise, their 25th wedding anniversary.)

I am unable to get Carnival to help me out with this. I have called 1-888-Carnival. I have spoken to guest relations and to reservations. They keep telling me that in order to requests a song from the DJ I must actually be on the ship. :( I am heartbroken. I wanted this to be a surprise and it is falling apart. (if she gets on here and reads the surprise will be ruined anyway but oh well lol)

My mother told me she posted here and you all were FULL of knowledge, so I knew if anyone had any ideas it would probably be you all. You are my last hope! Please help me find a way to play her song!!!!!

Thanks in Advance!

Katie

HI Katie...Yes your mom Holly (aka cruizinwithhubby), fun gal here on the boards!:) Hope shes doing well on her cruise..I know she was so excited.

DO you know the song? If not, might need to go through all of her posts to see if she might have mentioned it along the way.

AS far as getting the DJ to request it, unless we can find out who the DJ is and he/she has a Myspace page that we can get in touch with them, that might be the only way. Our DJ on the Liberty had a Myspace page and we submitted requests ahead of time.

Anyone know who the DJ is on the Inspiration and if they have a myspace page???

My mother is Holly. I believe her user name is cruzinwithhubby or something similar. She is on the Inspriation that sailed yesterday and will be back on Saturday into Tampa. I am very dissappointed. Just a few days ago I remembered that about a year ago I heard my mother say that there was a certain song she wanted to dance to with my father on her anniversary (this is the reason for thier cruise, their 25th wedding anniversary.)

I am unable to get Carnival to help me out with this. I have called 1-888-Carnival. I have spoken to guest relations and to reservations. They keep telling me that in order to requests a song from the DJ I must actually be on the ship. :( I am heartbroken. I wanted this to be a surprise and it is falling apart. (if she gets on here and reads the surprise will be ruined anyway but oh well lol)

My mother told me she posted here and you all were FULL of knowledge, so I knew if anyone had any ideas it would probably be you all. You are my last hope! Please help me find a way to play her song!!!!!

Thanks in Advance!

Katie

Katie... email me as soon as you see this...

Mach

Oh forgot to add the song: The song is Remember When by Alan Jackson. What I would like the DJ to do is just say "Holly and Jaime are Here to Celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. Your kids would like you to dance.......We love you"

Katie

What a nice surprise for your mom and dad!! Hope you can pull this

off. I'm sure it will mean a lot to them...........I know it would to me if

my children went to all this trouble to make our anniversay special.

Please let us know what happened and if you were able to contact

anyone.

I've emailed the cruise director, Risa Barnes, and hopefully we'll be hearing back from her soon...

Wow, nice of you to help the OP out. Its good to see fellow cruise critics

jump in to help out a stranger. I'd much rather read a thread like this than

one filled with rude comments, name calling and quotes from the guidelines.

Thank you Mach.

Archived