October 23rd Transatlantic rm 4225 with child

sarahmouse

Hi

I am new to all this and have just booked the above trip, was wondering if anyone else is booked for this trip with children, Also if anyone knows anything about the deck or cabin we are staying in.

Thanks in advance for any info

ps the child is a daughter aged 8 !

Hi Sarahmouse,

As Ray 66 wrote, your Stateroom 4225 is the last one aft on the starboard side of the ship.

Will there just be you and your daughter or is there another adult with you?

If there are three of you, your daughter will have a sofa bed available to her next to the balcony door and window. Your stateroom is 269 square feet and is a reasonable size for two adults. Being that you have an eight your old child, your space will not diminish as much if she was an adult.

My only concern for the location of your Stateroom 4225 is the location over the Queens Room and the G32 Disco. If you need to get your daughter to sleep at her regular time, I am sure you will hear sounds below you from the G32 Disco.

One advantage of your westbound crossing on October 23, is the fact that you will get an extra hour for five of the six nights.

Maybe you will get responses from others who have had staterooms on Deck Four over the Queens Room and G32 Disco. My wife and I had a noisy experience in Cabin 4119 which is above the Chart Room. The band there in the evenings boomed through the floor in our stateroom. We have had six voyages on the Queen Mary 2 with staterooms with sheltered balconies on Deck Four and Five near the C elevator/stairs.

If you are able, discuss this matter with your travel agent or Cunard and see if you can move more forward away from the area of the Queens Room on Deck Three.

Terrence

Hi

I am new to all this and have just booked the above trip, was wondering if anyone else is booked for this trip with children, Also if anyone knows anything about the deck or cabin we are staying in.

Thanks in advance for any info

ps the child is a daughter aged 8 !

I had my 9th birthday on a westbound Transatlantic crossing on the old Queen Elizabeth. It was the most amazing experience, and I am sure your daughter will love it, and have wonderful memories. I was very involved in the fantastic children's program, but the best times were lying wrapped in blankets out on deck watching the grey ocean go by, and helping my parents get all dressed up in their finery every night.

Beware, it could get her hooked on Transatlantics!

No matter what your cabin, I am sure you will all have a wonderful voyage.

lesley

I had my 9th birthday on a westbound Transatlantic crossing on the old Queen Elizabeth. It was the most amazing experience, and I am sure your daughter will love it, and have wonderful memories. I was very involved in the fantastic children's program, but the best times were lying wrapped in blankets out on deck watching the grey ocean go by, and helping my parents get all dressed up in their finery every night.

Beware, it could get her hooked on Transatlantics!

No matter what your cabin, I am sure you will all have a wonderful voyage.

lesley

What wonderful memories to have!

Sharon

Archived