Check room assignment

LSUtraveler

• 3 weeks later...

Dear LSU : I notice that you "bumped" your post, probably because nobody else responded?

Maybe no responses because many were not sure if you were

* asking a question

* posting a comment

* sharing something

* ???

It helps to be descriptive since readers can not ask you questions as easily as they could in a normal face to face conversation.

This book-modify feature...interesting...

I booked a specific cabin, and all my info is correct...I'm also using a TA for this booking. Question, though? Is it possible for me to edit/change my dining preferences and/or cabin number (while staying in same category) without my TA's authorization, etc.? I keep getting a Carnival website error, but I have been getting a lot of those lately on other Carnival pages...so I don't know whether to attribute it to the website problems or to restricted access to those features.

Thanks!

You can use that site even if booked through a regular agent. You wont be able to use the site if you booked as a group. You will get an error message that states 5001 if you are booked as a group.

Poster bumped the post up so people can see they can see their reservation by using the modify booking method. You can not change anything in there... even though there is an edit buttom.

How does this work? when I try, I get an error:confused:

try using this page to get there.. You have to be a registered user on the carnival web page and your cruise must be registered to the page. To register your cruise go to the main page and top right hand corner will say profile. Put your information in. after all is saved when you open the home page of carnival your cruise info will be in the left hand corner...click on there- put in your password then mimimize your screen. you should still have this page open. click on this- http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

and you will come to another screen that has all your booking info on it.

If you register your cruise and you get an error message 5001 your cruise is booked as a group and you can not use this page. Sorry

serene56,

You're right. In fact I got the info and how to use it from you. I just bumped it because I don't want to have to go back 15 or so pages to look to see if they've given me a room assignment.

I booked thru a TA and have no trouble seeing my reservation and the info.

Sorry for not giving info on how it works I was just being lazy and bumping it for my own convinence.

Want a easier way to find the thread?? clcik into the USER CP and every thread that you have ever replied to is in there... if it isnt in the main screen scroll down to where it says page 2 etc..

Wanna hear something sad-- I studied this modify booking pages for months before my last cruise. I was soo curious on how it worked and if it did really work. Most peoples cabin were set at exactly 7 weeks. No upgrades after that fact either.

in the begining all you had to do is copy and paste the booking/modify page into the browser but something happened that everyone would get an error message. Now it seems the only way to do it--is through another site--like cruise critic.

Only if there is an opening. By the time Carnival sets the cabins there is hardly anything worth picking. Also- I bet the price of a higher upgrade is very high compared to what one paid for the cruise to begin with.

try using this page to get there.. You have to be a registered user on the carnival web page and your cruise must be registered to the page. To register your cruise go to the main page and top right hand corner will say profile. Put your information in. after all is saved when you open the home page of carnival your cruise info will be in the left hand corner...click on there- put in your password then mimimize your screen. you should still have this page open. click on this- http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

and you will come to another screen that has all your booking info on it.

If you register your cruise and you get an error message 5001 your cruise is booked as a group and you can not use this page. Sorry

I am a registed user. I tried again, got the same error. I'm not booked in a group, although I did book through a TA.

Thanks anyway.

I am a registed user. I tried again, got the same error. I'm not booked in a group, although I did book through a TA.

Thanks anyway.

I booked thru a TA. When I called Carnival, they told me the TA booked me as part of thier "group." That is how I got the lower rates.

CBabe: what message are you getting?

You stated that you are registered...is the cruise registered and can you see the cruise information on the lef thand corner of the carnival home screen. If you are getting a 5001 error message your agent booked you as a group.

serene56,

Once again you're right. Checked my user CP and it worked. Saves me a lot of time searching for my thread. I guess I need to just take a little more time and browse thru the options on CC. Usually I just run thru the threads for something that might interest me and leave.

Thanks again

Ok, I tried and got the modify page but our cabin still hasn't been assigned. We leave in 56 days but I know there are not very many cabins left. I am just worried that our three cabins of family members will all be on different floors!

After you have completed all the Fun Pass information and all passengers are COMPLETE, simply hit the GIFTS button on the page (next to the PRINT button). This will bring you to a page with the most popular gifts on it. Hit the name of any one of the gifts and on the page that it goes to will (hopefully) have your booking number along with your cabin assignment. Worked for me.

Still have had no luck finding my cabin number for my Jan. 4 cruise.Using book modify it shows an error. Should the stateroom number show up when checking your reservation online?When I do that it only shows my booking number.Where is says stateroom details, it is blank.Is that where the stateroom number should show up?Maybe when I get my documents I will be able to figure it out.I tried the gift part but after only putting my confirmation number in, it would not show stateroom.Maybe I will just have to wait till I get to pier.

Ok, I tried and got the modify page but our cabin still hasn't been assigned. We leave in 56 days but I know there are not very many cabins left. I am just worried that our three cabins of family members will all be on different floors!

Sounds like your cabin will be set soon--keep checking and let me know

They will probably keep all family cabins together-- sometimes they dont., First cruise we were all on the main deck-- all over the place- some in the front--some in the aft one both sides also- Two cabins were upraded to oceanviews. On the Victory kids were on the Riveria deck and we were on the upper deck.

I say --dont sweat that stuff-if it was truly important youwould have got the cabins together by booking direct cabins. But please make sure those cabins are linked with booking numbers so you can at least eat together.

Still have had no luck finding my cabin number for my Jan. 4 cruise.Using book modify it shows an error. Should the stateroom number show up when checking your reservation online?When I do that it only shows my booking number.Where is says stateroom details, it is blank.Is that where the stateroom number should show up?Maybe when I get my documents I will be able to figure it out.I tried the gift part but after only putting my confirmation number in, it would not show stateroom.Maybe I will just have to wait till I get to pier.

Diane- lets see what you are doing. On the home page of the carnival web site you have your cruise on the left hand corner? you go in there and put in your password.. you then are taken to your booking where it tells you your booking number.. etc you click on there and get an error message.

do this instead using THIS page= click on this -www.carnival.com

click on your cruise info (should be on the left hand corner that states how many days you have etc-etc.) put in your password. Once that is done minimize your screen and this post should still be opened- now click on this link http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

which will take you to a different screen altogether.

tell me if it worked please.

I just used it and it worked for me.

I have used your links in the past, and it worked for me then too. Thanks Serene!

I don't have a guarantee cabin, but I like to look anyway just to make sure everything is ok. One thing- it shows how much we paid, but not that we are paid off. I had been checking after I made final payment, to make sure TA had called Carnival, and nothing was showing up.

I called Carnival, and of course they told me I needed to contact the TA. I explained that I understood that, but that I just wanted to make sure the TA had called them and that everything was ok. (Unfortunately our TA hasn't always done things in a timely manner- I was worried.) Finally, Carnival just said, "yes, you're fine."

Now I just have to wait- 51 more days!! :)

Serene: I still had no luck.When I got to the part that showed how many days,it did not ask for password.When I put in booked guest on bottom of screen it has me put in my password.Then it show my cruise with how many days and booking number.Where it shows stateroom details, there is no stateroom.When I log onto carnival.com it does not show cruise information. I went to home and shows days.When I tried crnival.com/bookmodify it showed error.I am getting frustrated.Seemed to have tried everything.Would you mind if I emailed you my booking number and password and maybe you could find it. I would be very appreciative.

Archived