New to Princess

Skyhawk61

Hi folks. Just returned from an NCL cruise New York to Bermuda (previously on RCCL and Disney). Starting to plan our next cruise - I'm kind of leaning towards Princess - 14 day LA to Hawaii. Really don't know anything about Princess yet, but I plan on doing alot of research (it's part of the fun). We're still a year and a half away, but any tips or advice you guys can give me to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks!!

Are you looking at the Sapphire to Hawaii? I believe she will be doing Hawaii cruises in the future. If so, it is a great ship. I've been on her 4 times doing the Mexican Riviera as I live in Southern California.

I have cruised RCCL, HAL, Carnival and Princess. I think my favorite cruiseline has ended up being Princess. Not saying I didn't have some wonderful experiences on my 2nd favorite cruise line RCCL but I just love the Princess ships and experience.

Hi folks. Just returned from an NCL cruise New York to Bermuda (previously on RCCL and Disney). Starting to plan our next cruise - I'm kind of leaning towards Princess - 14 day LA to Hawaii. Really don't know anything about Princess yet, but I plan on doing alot of research (it's part of the fun). We're still a year and a half away, but any tips or advice you guys can give me to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks!!

Princess is very consistant from ship to ship IMHO.

Are you looking at the Sapphire to Hawaii? I believe she will be doing Hawaii cruises in the future. If so, it is a great ship. I've been on her 4 times doing the Mexican Riviera as I live in Southern California.

I have cruised RCCL, HAL, Carnival and Princess. I think my favorite cruiseline has ended up being Princess. Not saying I didn't have some wonderful experiences on my 2nd favorite cruise line RCCL but I just love the Princess ships and experience.

The Golden Princess will continue to be the primary Princess ship to do the Hawaii itinerary for the year or so. The Sapphire Princess will be doing a few voyages to Hawaii in addition to her Mexican Riviera voyages...

I think that's one of the things I'm trying to figure out. From what I've read so far, there are two ships that do this cruise. What is the difference between the two ships, and which is better?

If Sapphire doesn't get to dry dock she will not have MUTS, but will have the solarium (covered) pool which is a nice treat on the Hawaii cruise. We loved the Sapphire....less passengers also. Sapphire has 4 smaller anytime dining rooms which seems to result in less waiting. We spent 31 days on her last year cruising from Sydney to LA.The Golden is also a nice ship, but we would choose the Sapphire, given a choice. Either way, the Hawaii cruise rates up there among our favorites. We did it on the Island Princess.

Donna

-Thanks!!

NCL:

Generally has more dining options.

No formal nights.

A little less space per passenger (as a rule).

A bit glitzier.

Many more announcements.

Princess:

Entertainment in the Atrium.

More deck chairs.

Movies under the Stars (on many ships)

International Cafe (on many ships)

Bigger closets.

Afternoon tea.

Others will have so much more to add.

-Thanks!!

NCL:

Generally has more dining options.

No formal nights.

A little less space per passenger (as a rule).

A bit glitzier.

Many more announcements.

Princess:

Entertainment in the Atrium.

More deck chairs.

Movies under the Stars (on many ships)

International Cafe (on many ships)

Bigger closets.

Afternoon tea.

Others will have so much more to add.

NCL is "glitzier" than Princess? Hmm, I would have thought the opposite. I've been on NCL, and while it was great, I would not call it "glitzy". From my research, it seems a bit more "mass market", and Pricess appears to be more elegant - but I leave that to you guys to tell me.....

Archived