When do I buy airfare?

ineedacruise

I have never used airfare before for a cruise and I need to purchase a flight home after my next cruise. I see that many airlines do not even offer airfare prices until you are 6 months away. RCCL does not have any more flights available for my return. My question is.... When do I buy airfare? Should I buy in January and take any price or wait until summer and see if there is a better deal? If it helps answer, I will be returning the weekend right after Thanksgiving from Miami to Newark.

Typically, airfares are available 330 days before departure.

Are they actually saying they'll get you down but not back home? If so, I'd strip the air completely off the line's booking, that's just BS.

For a post-holiday flight like that, it's difficult to know when the best deal will most likely be. Probably your best bet is to get your airfare somewhat early, as it'll probably be at a bit of a premium - obviously, you'll certainly want it in hand before final cancellation.

Are they actually saying they'll get you down but not back home? If so, I'd strip the air completely off the line's booking, that's just BS.

Its a reposition. I live near the embarkation port. Just need to fly home. If I book early and prices go down can a get an adjustment?

Book your air when you see a price that is acceptable. Don't worry about having the cheapest fare of anyone on the plane. For one way travel do check the airlines that don't penalize you for not buying round trip tickets.

AirTran, JetBlue, Spirit or Southwest.

Its a reposition. I live near the embarkation port. Just need to fly home. If I book early and prices go down can a get an adjustment?

Depends on the flight. Most NR fares have a change fee, so it's only usually wirth it if the decrease is substantial.

Archived