Help Needed! Closest beach to port - Ocho Rios?

Cruisebride2005

Hi there --

I've posted this question before but didn't get too many responses so I thought I would try again now that I have a bit more background on my end.

I am getting married on the Carnival Victory in a few short weeks and would like very much to take pictures on a beach in Ocho Rios following the reception. We will have now more than a few hours in total so we are looking for the closest stretch of beach where we're likely to find enough privacy to get some nice shots in.

I have heard of a beach called Island Beach located beside (part of?) Margaritaville...would this be appropriate for wedding photos?

How far would Mallard's Beach and Turtle Beach be? Woudl either of these be better?

The Margaritaville Beach is small. Once it gets crowded you would not be able to get many pictures without someone in the background. There are also alot of boats parked in that area.

Have you considered a day pass at Sandals? They have a gorgeous beach.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Sandals. I have sent them an e-mail but I also scrolled through some other threads on this board and it looks as though we would need to spend $50-80/person for a day pass. Given that we wouldn't be looking to use any of the resort amenities while we were there (we will only have 1-2 hours for photos before the ships leaves), I'm not sure that this would be worth it, especially given that we want to include our wedding party in the photos.

Archived