So if I book Boatswain I still have to pay extra for using lagoon?

dballz

They have two types of tickets, a cheaper one that allows access only to the turtle tank section, and a more expensive one that allows access to everything. Different excursions get different types of tickets.

http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/tickets/index.cfm

OK, thanks so much. I was wanted to make sure we could go swimming since I am sure it will be hot.

Dezere

We just visited Boatswain's last week, and we purchased the full park passes online before we left. There were signs at certain points throughout the park saying that you could only go through if you had a certain color wristband. The turtle farm tour was very interesting. I snorkled around the lagoon a lot, but there really weren't that many fish in there. If you have young children it might be a good place for them to learn about snorkeling. We stopped by the aviary and took a peek at the shark tank. We didn't visit the freshwater pool since we had to leave to meet someone, but it looked really nice. We were the only ship in port that day, and the park was nearly empty. We practically had the whole lagoon area to ourselves. If you plan to stay all day and use the pool, the full park pass is a good deal. Otherwise, you could always do the turtle part and have your driver drop you off at the beach. :o

We just visited Boatswain's last week, and we purchased the full park passes online before we left. There were signs at certain points throughout the park saying that you could only go through if you had a certain color wristband. The turtle farm tour was very interesting. I snorkled around the lagoon a lot, but there really weren't that many fish in there. If you have young children it might be a good place for them to learn about snorkeling. We stopped by the aviary and took a peek at the shark tank. We didn't visit the freshwater pool since we had to leave to meet someone, but it looked really nice. We were the only ship in port that day, and the park was nearly empty. We practically had the whole lagoon area to ourselves. If you plan to stay all day and use the pool, the full park pass is a good deal. Otherwise, you could always do the turtle part and have your driver drop you off at the beach. :o

Oooh you got me excited now. LOL I think we will get the whole park pass because we have beach excursions at two other ports so thought we would do something a little different for the kids to be interested in. I think I will definitely want to go back to Grand Cayman another time without the kids to see the beaches. Beaches are my favorite excursions. Usually it's too hot to do anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you use their free transportation from the cruise ship to Boatswains? If so, how did it work for you. I have only read negative reviews about the transportation so for. We are thinking about this for our cruise next month.

Thanks!

We were the only ship in port that day, so they didn't have free transportation available. We asked a guide who took us to the Boatswain's building, and the lady told us to just take a bus. I felt safe, and it was only $2.50 per person.

Archived