Fantasy Aug. 27th review

smurfm69

This was a last minute thing for us but the price was too good to pass up. My b day was Aug. 26th, so this was a great present. It was just my wife and I but we made a lot of friends on the ship. We got to the terminal at 11am and were eating,(and drinking),on the Lido Deck before noon. We walked around and at 1:30, went to our room.(U6) Our luggage arrived right after the muster drill and after unpacking, we hit the Lido deck for the meet and greet. It was nice to put faces with the names. We hit the sushi bar at 5pm and had dinner at 8:15pm. After dinner, we crashed on the comfortable Carnival bed.

We had great weather the entire time and calm seas. On the fun days at sea, we just laid out by the pool soaking up the sun and enjoying the pool. The new water slides were fun too.

In Cozumel we took a taxi to Paradise Beach.($13 for the two of us from the Puerta Maya Pier) I paid $10 for the wristband and enjoyed the toys in the beautiful, clear water. We got a couple chairs close to the water and Freddy took good care of us all day. We ate lunch here as well and the food was delicious and not expensive at all. For the day we had 2 beers, 1 Coke, 1 bottled water, and lunch and the total bill was $32. PB is a nice place to go. Clean restrooms, clean changing rooms, free internet at the bar, delicious food, and a friendly staff. We changed into dry clothes and got a taxi downtown.($20 for the two of us to the Punta Langosta Pier) We met up with some friends from the meet and greet at Carlos 'n Charlies and had a great time drinking, singing, drinking, dancing. Did I mention drinking? lol After a few hours we took a taxi back to the ship.( sorry I don't remember how much this cost but it wasn't a lot. lol)

Upon returning to New Orleans, we did the self assist debarkation. They called our deck at 7:30am. We walked off the ship at 8am and were walking out of the terminal at 8:15am.

Overall it was an amazing cruise. The weather was perfect, the food was good, and Cozumel was lots of fun as always. Most people include the cruise director in their review so here is my take. We have fun no matter who the CD is but we were not crazy about Risa. She does her job but she doesn't compare to Hennie who is the assistant cruise director. He is so friendly and funny; however, we didn't see much of him on this cruise for some reason. This was our third time sailing from New Orleans and have always had smooth, quick embarkation and debarkation. The Fantasy looks really nice since all the upgrades and Mobile is getting a special ship to replace the Holiday.

• 7 months later...

Archived