Carnival Mayan Options...

carncruiser2010

Going on Legend in a couple months...spotted some Mayan expeditions that seem interesting and was looking for more information & pictures from them so I could pick the one for me!

Looking at

Raiders of the lost Mayan cave

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=CW&portcode=BZE&excursionname=Raiders+of+the+Lost+Mayan+Cave&excursioncode=509047

altun ha mayan

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=CW&portcode=BZE&excursionname=Altun+Ha+Mayan+Site+%26+River+Wallace&excursioncode=509049

and

xunantunich

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=CW&portcode=BZE&excursionname=Xunantunich+Mayan+Ruins&excursioncode=509052

thanks!

I have some pictures on my home pc of Xunantunich fro this past May, I can psot later unless someone else posts before I get an op later tonight.

As far as other info. We found the ruins themselves interesting. The temple is very high and you have a great view. You also get to see a good deal of the countryside coming and going. Your lunch in San Miguel is chicken beans and rice (must be the typical tourist meal served on the Caribbean excusions, sorta like the baked chicken and potatoes they fed us all over Europe in the 70s.:rolleyes:). But you are seated outside and you can buy Belkin beer and ice cream. When we were there they had a small band playing. The downside to the whole thing is the length of time it takes. We were on the first tender away and the last tender back. We literally went from the bus to the tender line. Our problem was due primarily to a public schools bike-a-thon leading out of the city and still in progress when we returned. So my suggestion is definitely book the ship excursion for this one.

AltunHa is supposedly a nice ruins site and I believe the trip is a bit shorter. Some reviews I've seen indicate that you have to buy your own lunch and it's quality is mixed. Plus you may not see much along the river. But that's an interesting way to go. So depending upon the time, if you want to do something else, even shopping on th epier, this may be the better way to go.

Haven't heard much on the Raiders excursion. Maybe search this board a bit.

Archived