Transportation from CT to Port in NYC

Heidict

Does anyone know of any bus or limo services that provide transportation to the port in NYC for a Norwegian cruise? If so, about how much do they run?

I can't seem to find any and I'm thinking we may just end up having to rend a private car/limo to get there. Does anyone have any recommendations for a private service? Any guess on the cost?

Does anyone know of any bus or limo services that provide transportation to the port in NYC for a Norwegian cruise? If so, about how much do they run?

I can't seem to find any and I'm thinking we may just end up having to rend a private car/limo to get there. Does anyone have any recommendations for a private service? Any guess on the cost?

during the week you can also take the shoreline east directly from Westbrook to New Haven change across the track to the New Haven Railroad and once at Grand central take a cab to the Manhattan Cruise terminal. The train is about $15 pp and the cab will be less than $15 per cab. Its about the fastest way and very easy. On the weekend you need to get driven to New Haven and do the same thing or take a cab or park at the New Haven train station(you may gather I have done this as I used to have a summer home in Westbrook)...

during the week you can also take the shoreline east directly from Westbrook to New Haven change across the track to the New Haven Railroad and once at Grand central take a cab to the Manhattan Cruise terminal. The train is about $15 pp and the cab will be less than $15 per cab. Its about the fastest way and very easy. On the weekend you need to get driven to New Haven and do the same thing or take a cab or park at the New Haven train station(you may gather I have done this as I used to have a summer home in Westbrook)...

We had thought of the train as that is how we normally go to the city, but with the luggage and a 4 year old in tow we figured it might be more trouble then it is worth and a heck of a lot easier to go door to door.

But, it is doable and if need be we will do it. I'm sure it would probably be a lot cheaper also.

We had thought of the train as that is how we normally go to the city, but with the luggage and a 4 year old in tow we figured it might be more trouble then it is worth and a heck of a lot easier to go door to door.

But, it is doable and if need be we will do it. I'm sure it would probably be a lot cheaper also.

its always easier to go door to door but I am sure you will have to go to New Haven anyway for any bus. Once on the train at New Haven there are red caps at Grand Central to help you to the waiting cab line and from the cab to the ship there will be people waiting to take your checked luggage. The NH rr trains have over head racks for luggage or plenty of room and during the day they are fairly empty. Since you know these trains they are pretty easy...and many times much faster than the bus....

its always easier to go door to door but I am sure you will have to go to New Haven anyway for any bus. Once on the train at New Haven there are red caps at Grand Central to help you to the waiting cab line and from the cab to the ship there will be people waiting to take your checked luggage. The NH rr trains have over head racks for luggage or plenty of room and during the day they are fairly empty. Since you know these trains they are pretty easy...and many times much faster than the bus....

Yes, no traffic!! That is a definite plus. Plus it would only be about $40 for the 3 of us.

Mmmm, a limo sounds so much more fun though!!! :p

Yes, no traffic!! That is a definite plus. Plus it would only be about $40 for the 3 of us.

Mmmm, a limo sounds so much more fun though!!! :p

LOL I am in a car so much that the train sounds more special....and more special than a bus....but as we all know individuals do vary....

Archived