Your Camera Isn't Good Enough, a Radiance review

morebeaches

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello Neale and Joni,

Great review. Thought it deserved to be bumped up for lots of new readers to read. We met you two on the Jewel sailing to New England 2008.

We are finally booked for our Alaska trip for May 27, 2011. Only 11 months from today. Hope we rush right on through these next 11 months!

Cheryl, Eric, and Dustin

Thank you for the review. The Radiance Class is my favorite class of ship. We were also in an aft cabin on Deck 9 last September on the Radiance and loved it! We will be with Carnival on our Alaska trip - the Spirit as we opted to do a round trip from Seattle this time.

My question - My DD is going to be on the same kayak excursion in Juneau that you did. I am quite 'fluffy' and know that the sight of me getting in and out of that kayak would be hilarious to everyone but me, so I opted to do the 'Photo Safari by Land & Sea' instead. So my 27 yo DD will be solo on that excursion. Did you have any singles on your trip? Do you happen to know how they handle that with 2 person kayaks? They accepted her single reservation, so I am assuming it is ok.

This was a fantastic review. I so look forward and ready to our cruise which is next week and on the same ship. Kudos to the well detailed report with a twist of humor added and the fantastic pictures. You caught my interest the whole entire time. Thanks again!!!!

After checking in and arranging for our luggage to go to the Holiday Inn Express in Seward, we waited in the station to board the train.

Can you elaborate on "arranging for our luggage to go to the Holiday Inn Express"? Is this service available for anyone and to any hotel?

Thanks!

wow, I feel loved.

The camera was one of the newest Nikon cool-pix (I think the 6000) that a friend lent us

As far as the kayak tour, they may match her up with someone, or they do have a few single kayaks that were used by the guides.

When you check in at the train station at Anchorage, they ask what hotel you will be staying at, then they deliver the luggage to the hotel. I think it is available for any Seward hotel and any train service

Cheryl, good to hear from you, LOL I may have to goback and read my review again since I have been on the Radiance again since then.

When you check in at the train station at Anchorage, they ask what hotel you will be staying at, then they deliver the luggage to the hotel. I think it is available for any Seward hotel and any train service

Thank you for the information AND for the detailed trip report. We leave on Friday and reading about your cruise definitely got us ready for the all the fun ahead!

wow, I feel loved.

The camera was one of the newest Nikon cool-pix (I think the 6000) that a friend lent us

As far as the kayak tour, they may match her up with someone, or they do have a few single kayaks that were used by the guides.

Cheryl, good to hear from you, LOL I may have to goback and read my review again since I have been on the Radiance again since then.

thanks. I have heard good thing about P6000. It seems to be discontinued. Does anyone know which model replaced P6000?

My husband got the Nikon cool pix 6000 for me for my birthday in April. Of course, then at Father's Day, Walmart and Roberts both had it on sale. Figures. But I love that camera. I'll have to read the manual and practice some more before Alaska.

There's also an 8000. Not sure of the difference. Maybe a bigger zoom, and a bigger screen on the back. The 6000 says 14.2 megapixels, 7x zoom. My favorite feature is the continuous mode so I can catch a whale jumping out of the water! (hopefully)

Thanks for the info Neale! Hope you and Joni are doing great! When's your next cruise?

We just did the Mexican Riviera on the Radiance in April, but at this point we are doing land trips next year and hope to do the Mediteranean in 2012

Mediteranean is on our bucket list. Eventually. Maybe when we hit 50, which seems to be coming alfully quickly. Next year is Alaska for us. Then the following year Eric wants to do a Grand Canyon/Zion/Bryce/Monument Valley/Sedona tour. Dustin is requesting Disney again.

Maybe you can go on the Mediteranean, then come back and write another superb review before we go.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived