CCL removes family's 'lifetime ban'

jleq

don't consider myself naive, but honestly.....if carnival had a leg to stand on they would not have removed the ban. They would have come out with the "real" reason to counter the negative publicity. Why is it that we will defend to the death companies we frequent who don't really give a crap about us.....they love our bank accounts....but not us.

don't consider myself naive, but honestly.....if carnival had a leg to stand on they would not have removed the ban. They would have come out with the "real" reason to counter the negative publicity. Why is it that we will defend to the death companies we frequent who don't really give a crap about us.....they love our bank accounts....but not us.

They don't want bad publicity, what company does? I just think it had a lot more to do with than a chip on a counter.

They don't want bad publicity, what company does? I just think it had a lot more to do with than a chip on a counter.

the negative publicity was already done, with much speculation of something more serious being done by the guy and his family.....now that they have rescinded the ban, it makes them look foolish for a knee jerk reaction. Rescinding the ban, in my opinion makes Carnival look guilty, not the guy.

Another good example of "money talks' date=' BS walks"....

Big shot insurance guy pulls strings.........[/quote']

Just another of your gratuitous posts, G'ma

and to quote from SaltyDingo on the other thread:

These days, anyone can start a company and call themselves CEO. It does not mean anything, except the guy calling himself that has an inferiority complex.

Y'all can't have it both ways, so which is it.

Actually it is neither.

Carnival (dare I say this) just screwed up big time with this fellow and his family.

Two more quotes, (from the article):

MIAMI, Sept. 3 (UPI) -- Carnival Cruise Lines said it has lifted a lifetime ban it had imposed on a family because of scrapes on a dresser in their cabin.

So they did indeed impose this lifetime ban for scrapes - ridiculous. But it is certainly gracious of them to do so after the guy went public with their stupidity.

Senior management wants to take a look at it to find out what happened and if anything internally needs to be clarified," Carnival spokeswoman Jennifer de la Cruz said.
You think something needs to be clarified? Of course it does, like how to use that stuff between your ears and make "intelligent" decisions.

the negative publicity was already done, with much speculation of something more serious being done by the guy and his family.....now that they have rescinded the ban, it makes them look foolish for a knee jerk reaction. Rescinding the ban, in my opinion makes Carnival look guilty, not the guy.

good points

It's nice of Carnival to lift the ban but I seriously doubt if the family will want to travel on another Carnival Cruise.

I wouldn't. :eek:

I have to say that I'm in shock over this. It was SO bizarre that I really thought it was made up.

Methinks someone on board overeacted without the facts.

Carnival should also throw in a free cruise for the family.

I totally agree.

Archived