Mini D317 Caribbean Princess

SISSY III

We upraded to AE guarantee on the CB and this is the mini we were assigned. Anyone been there done that? Or in the near vacinity? Liked or not? Pros & Cons?

This is our first mini..and we are looking forward to the expiernce! We have always done the Riv. deck so this was a real adventure to do the guarantee thing throwing all caution to the winds (something new for us)!

Room D317 is category AB. We sailed CB this past May in D225. Very nice mini, lots of room (we had 3 people), nice bathroom. Thing is, although balcony is large, it is not private at all, and has no shade. If you like lots of sun and other passengers looking at you from above, you will be fine. Other than that, we enjoyed the cabin very much.

We have sailed in minis four times and the uncovered balcony has never bothered us.

I don't even have a count how many times we have booked a Dolphin mini suite with uncovered balcony, and totally agree with you, didn't bother us one little bit.

For itinerays where we may run into rainy weather, we sometimes will book an AD mini which is totally covered. But for the most part, it really doesn't matter to us either way.

Room D317 is category AB. We sailed CB this past May in D225. Very nice mini' date=' lots of room (we had 3 people), nice bathroom. Thing is, although balcony is large, it is not private at all, and has no shade. If you like lots of sun and other passengers looking at you from above, you will be fine. Other than that, we enjoyed the cabin very much.[/quote']

We were in D225 in May 2007! The room was awesome and the balcony was nice. We didn't really mind it not being too private much. We didn't really care if people wanted to watch our lounging on the balcony, I'm sure it was exciting to them. :)

I don't even have a count how many times we have booked a Dolphin mini suite with uncovered balcony, and totally agree with you, didn't bother us one little bit.

For itinerays where we may run into rainy weather, we sometimes will book an AD mini which is totally covered. But for the most part, it really doesn't matter to us either way.

I'm with Toto and Neptune, the minis and your location are great. What I DID like about the uncovered balconies is that they make the cabin much brighter inside and not so "shoe box like" very open and I didn't feel people were encroaching on my privacy. You'll love it.:D Some only want to tell you what they didn't like.:o I usually take a guarantee (just for the anticipation) and probably would love the covered balcony just as much, as long as I was cruising with my baby.

Anthony

Archived