New to Princess

cindyscruise

Chris,

Thank you for your response. Your site is great. It is always scary not knowing about a ship and what the room/balcony will be like. You have put my mind at ease and I know that I will love this ship. Thank you again and Happy New Year. It will be almost a year before this cruise - Dec. 17th. Now I can have fun with the planning.

Thank you again.

Cruising is so additive. We have been on RCI and thought we would try something new. Seems like I made a great choice.

Welcome to Princess and great job on getting a cabin that is very much in demand by the experienced Princess cruisers! Not only that plus you get Chris and family at the same time. Sounds like you are set up for the perfect cruise!

Have fun planning!

The only thing you might want to consider is the side of the ship you want. I think even numbers are on the port side. We love Baja deck and just finished using B609 on the Grand. We like starboard because when we're docked we aren't looking into someone's cabin on another ship docked next to ours. 609 is also far enough to the center of the ship that we don't get any blow down from the stacks when the wind is wierd. Does anyone experience that on the aft cabins?

The only thing you might want to consider is the side of the ship you want. I think even numbers are on the port side. We love Baja deck and just finished using B609 on the Grand. We like starboard because when we're docked we aren't looking into someone's cabin on another ship docked next to ours. 609 is also far enough to the center of the ship that we don't get any blow down from the stacks when the wind is wierd. Does anyone experience that on the aft cabins?

Starboard vs port really has no bearing on the AFT cabins as they are on the very back end (stern?) of the ship...so you have a panoramic view of both sides. We had our first Aft cabin a couple years ago...and it has become our cabin of choice now! Never noticed any stack smoke or residue (but we were on NCL).

We have C754 booked for our 11/26 cruise! The only thing I think would be better than the BB Afts would be if they would structure a couple minis on the Aft.

Deb

• 3 months later...

Hi Chris, Just seen where you were in B755 cabin. We will be in cabin C755 on the Sapphire cruise in August. First time cruise for us. Do you think our cabin will be about the same as yours? We were so concerned we may regret picking that cabin but have read a lot of good things on Cruise Critic about aft cabins.

Hi Chris, Just seen where you were in B755 cabin. We will be in cabin C755 on the Sapphire cruise in August. First time cruise for us. Do you think our cabin will be about the same as yours? We were so concerned we may regret picking that cabin but have read a lot of good things on Cruise Critic about aft cabins.

I think you did good.

I don't know for sure having not sailed that ship yet but I would book that cabin signt-unseen based on our previous experience with cabins in that location. I don't think it's assuming too much to belive that cabin layout in that area would be similar if not exactly like the recent sister ships.

To perhaps be more accurate: You scored a big win (IMO) These aft Category BB cabins are in high demand, at least on other ships I've been on. Besides an early bird discount we book them as far in advance as we can just to secure the location.

BEWARE: You might get spoiled!

Archived