A review of the Diamond over Christmas

benmon

Write letter before hand and bring with you. When you arrive, give a the letter the purser's office unless you run into him prior to sailing. Bridge tours appear to be given on the last day at sea. Use the word EXCELLENT alot in your letter and also when you meet him. He loves that word.

Cruzfool, enjoyed your comments, along with Ben's reviews. I think size of group must play a role in seating in the "anytime" restaurants. As a party of two we found we really could walk up pretty much anytime--even between 6:30 and 8 p.m. See the following Diamond Mexican Riviera thread for details.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=110621

Sorry about the out-of-control kids you experienced. We didn't experience that our week on the Diamond, but I'm here to tell you that we have stayed in land-based motels with kids attending band camp, so we can identify. Wish Ben had been there--I'm just not very scarry when I speak to them!

If I haven't already done so on this thread, I'd like to add my endorsement of Mazatlan Frank's tour. He's a great guy, very knowledgeable and professional, and he tailors the day to the preferences of the group.

"Before I get to day trips I must address dinner. I read it over and over again and I refused to believe it but….Anytime Dining is a bunch of male cow poop. Be aware - if you are going to do anytime dining – you must have lots of patience in making the reservations. That’s what I said - Anytime Dining means calling EVERY DAY for reservations. " .......................... Hmmmm I don't know if they do it different on the Diamond but I never bothered making any reservations with anytime dining . I'd just show up and ask for a table . Sometimes we would get a table for two, sometimes when things were a bit busier we would share a table .We never waited but for a few times and then 15 minutes at most . As far as problems with the kids . You might want to go to the Island board . A recent Xmas cruise had over 300 kids and was a disaster for some . As an added attraction I told my best story about my experience on the Sun over Easter 2003 .

Well yes and no. I have a pix of Judy and the capt. we were not alowed to take pix of the cool stuff. Its all compurterized and there is no wheel. a joystick maneuveres the whole ship. and i think they play video games..... when there are no guests.

I think we suffered from the Xmas cruise experience, with many large families on board they appeared to try to accommodate the reservation needs of larger parties as much as possible. I did see a couple of empty tables for 2 scattered around in the various DR but nothing larger standing empty. I'd guess that on this sailing if you didn't make reservations on this cruise and your party size was 3+ you'd have been politely shown to the international dining room or the buffet for dinner.

I think the greatest suggestion is to have a "no kids" deck!!! Although it might be hard to do since some categories are only on one deck...something along this line could be implemented!! AND, as on the Grand class ships, they have an Adults only pool..it's ..GREAT....ONLY if enforced!!!

Interested in hearing from other parents if this would bother them????

I have to credit to cruzfool she found this tour and it was great. it was $45 pp and included lunch and drinks. well worth it. check out this link it should answer all you questions on franks tour.
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2679802&posted=1#post2679802[/url]

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted here and sent me e-mail. Especially the pix from the nude beach. (You know who you are).
This cruise and review could not have been possible without the great memories we will have from Mrs. & Mr. Cruzfool, Dave, Karen and Cruella. Thank you Ben & Judy

coolcanadian

A bridge tour is a tour of the area that controls the ship. It is where they steer the ship, set the speed and all of that jazz. These tours are hard to come by now after September 11 because of securtiy reasons.

Archived