Princess Ruby Mediterranean Cruise

jamiegirl

My husband and I are planning a Med cruise July 4th with our 5-year old daughter. We are looking at a mini-suite and see it has an uncovered balcony. Does anyone know how hot it feels on the ship when sitting on the balcony? IS there still a nice breeze this time of year? DO they have umbrellas they could bring up if the sun is too intense? ALso, what side of the ship is best for this sailing?

My husband and I are planning a Med cruise July 4th with our 5-year old daughter. We are looking at a mini-suite and see it has an uncovered balcony. Does anyone know how hot it feels on the ship when sitting on the balcony? IS there still a nice breeze this time of year? DO they have umbrellas they could bring up if the sun is too intense? ALso, what side of the ship is best for this sailing?

Hi,

This is a port intensive cruise, meaning that you probably would stay on your balcony only when the ship sails, and also meaning that you normally would have a breeze there. Furthermore, with a 5-yrar old kid you would probably stay close to the pool most of the time.

Both sides are equally nice, but if you can choose try to have Venice on your side (left (port side)) when you depart.

We were on Ruby Princess this summer - please feel free to see my photos (click the link below).

Screwcork

Hi,

This is a port intensive cruise, meaning that you probably would stay on your balcony only when the ship sails, and also meaning that you normally would have a breeze there. Furthermore, with a 5-yrar old kid you would probably stay close to the pool most of the time.

Both sides are equally nice, but if you can choose try to have Venice on your side (left (port side)) when you depart.

We were on Ruby Princess this summer - please feel free to see my photos (click the link below).

Screwcork

It depends upon which itinerary you are doing ;) I too did a med cruise this summer on board the Ruby and we sailed INTO Venice as the last port of call, so all the views were on the Starboard side.

In terms of the other ports, it will vary. Our balcony cabin was on the Port side, from some ports we had great views but for others it was just the sea (which is still a great view!) :)

In terms of umbrellas, no they will not be available (as far as I am aware). In terms of the temperature, it can get warm but there is usually a breeze and we never found it uncomfortably hot to sit out on the balcony.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise :D

You might want to consider an AD mini on E deck. It's fully covered. If you get one there, have ta or princess mark your cabin "No upgrade" or they might move you.

You also might want to consider a BB balcony on the Caribe deck. Yes, smaller cabin but bigger balcony then the usual minisuite and on Caribe deck, balcony is 1/2 covered, 1/2 uncovered. Best of both worlds if you can make do with a smaller cabin.

My husband, 2 children and myself stayed in a dolphin mini this summer on a Venice to Rome cruise. It was wonderful - plenty of room for the 4 of us. We loved the large open balcony. It had 2 reclining chairs and 2 other chairs and a table. We too were concerned about the lack of shade but did not find this a problem as during the very hot hours we were either by the pool or in port. Our favourite time on the balcony was in the morning and evening - particularly at sailaway.

We stayed starboard but found that as the boat moves and the sun changes position, the shade varies and I cant imagine which side would be better.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time. My children haven't stopped talking about the cruise to anyone who will listen!!!

Archived