vegetarian menu

ocean myst

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise :) this fall aboard the Carnival Miracle. My wife is a vegetarian (eats fish) and I wonder how much of an issue this will be with on board meals and also luncheons off board and on excursions.

Welcome to CC! Your wife will have NO problem finding foods that fit her diet both on & off the ship. Actually her problem will be what to have especially since she eats fish. The cruise lines are very good about accommodating most if not all special requests.

Congrats on your first cruise - beware - you will probably be bitten by the "cruise bug" - it turns normal people into cruise addicts! :D

I'm kinda worried about the veg thing. My daughter is getting married on a cruise next year. Her fiance's family are vegetarians who do not eat fish. I'm really hoping they can find enough variety to keep them satisfied for 7 days and I'm not sure about the Indian flair. I believe they tend to avoid heavy spices.

My cousin is a vegitarian and has no problem what so ever finding nutritious and varried foods. Each night in the dining room they offer a vegitarian selection! Also, soups and salads to choose from as well.. I wouldn't worry at all!!

Our daughter is a vegetarian and the first night after informing our waiter he made sure to get her a dish made up if she didn't like what was on the menu. They're very helpful that way and my wife and I also enjoyed a couple of vegetarian dinners. Here's a quick pic of one:

25f2a6c.jpg

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise :) this fall aboard the Carnival Miracle. My wife is a vegetarian (eats fish) and I wonder how much of an issue this will be with on board meals and also luncheons off board and on excursions.

Your wife will have no problem whatsoever on the ship. However, if you do an excursion where lunch is provided, a lot of times, it's a sandwich with meat. I've had to decline lunches on excursions several times. If you're exploring ports on your own, you will have no trouble at all finding fish, and can probably find vegetarian as well, depending on the port.

I'm kinda worried about the veg thing. My daughter is getting married on a cruise next year. Her fiance's family are vegetarians who do not eat fish. I'm really hoping they can find enough variety to keep them satisfied for 7 days and I'm not sure about the Indian flair. I believe they tend to avoid heavy spices.

My sister's the same way. There were some nights where she didn't like much on the menu, but could always make due with things on the every day menu (rice, baked potato, steamed vegetables). Also, you can order off the kids menu, and she enjoyed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on at least one occasion. They may not have the amazing food experience that carnivores (or even pescavores) have, but they won't go hungry.

Hello Ocean Myst,

I just got off the Miracle this morning :( didn't want to get off!! One of our table mates in the dining room was vegan and every night the hostess came to us so she could see the next days menu and they could adjust it to suit her diet. They are very accomodating and will adjust to your needs just advise the hostess on the first day of your cruise and they will work with you!! We had the hostess Karuna....she was great!! Enjoy your cruise...the Miracle is beautiful!!

Archived