cavern diving in playa del carman

sportsterjohn

I haven't done a cenote dive, yet. You have a fantastic opportunity to do a special dive. I was in Cozumel the week before Christmas. The diving was great, but I was there for only a week so I didn't get a chance to go the the mainland to to a cenote dive. I would do it if I was there for a longer time.

I haven't actually done that tour, since it's not offered by the company that I work for and also I'm not really a cavern sort of girl. Pretty fish and coral, that's what I like. We offer a similar tour, cavern dive andTulum riuns for guests who are staying here on the island, and people just love it. The mainland is the one of the best places in the world to experience cenote diving.

All the same, I'll stay on shore and watch your stuff, but take lots of pictures so I can see them too!!

Hi,

In 01/04 we did snorkeling in Gran Cenote, and other places around Akumal (between Playa del Carmen and Tulum), but there were divers as well. It was absolutely fantastic. The water was so clear you could see all the stalagmites and stalactites. It was the best tour we took, not from the cruise thou, as we were in Mexico on a land-vacation.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We dove Chac Mool, Dos Ojos, and The Pit cenotes while staying in the Cancun area last year. All of those are closer to Playa del Carmen/Tulum, so it was quite the ride from our resort, but worth it.

We dove with Scorpio Divers and our Cavern Guide was Gonzalo. I was a little nervous going into my first real overhead environment but he was very reassuring. I also requested to be the first one behind him so that made me feel better. There is a limit of 4 divers per guide but we only had 3 people, so it was even better. You dive very close to the cave line all the time and can see daylight from almost all the cavern areas.

I'd highly recommend Scorpio and we will be diving again. Jorge is my favorite Divemaster but I don't think he is certified to DM cenotes, so we would request Gonzalo.

Also my avatar is from my dive in the Chac Mool cenote!

I also dove Chac Mool while doing a land trip in the Riviera Maya. It was a great experience that I would highly recommend. The nice thing about the cenotes is that you can dive when the weather conditions will not allow for reef diving.

Archived