Please help the newbie here!!

Kelly43

Hi everybody! I just changed my cruise date to include

Calica and Cozumel for 9/5/2005!! I absolutely know nothing about Calica and would like addresses to see pictures on the net if you can help me here. We are a family of 4, kids 11 and 10, and would love to hear about your time there and any other info bout it. Thanks alot, Kelly:)

• 6 months later...

My sister, who cruises all the time, recommended this web site for research. I just noticed your post. We are also a family of 4 with kids 10 & 12. Our cruise is also 9/5/05. Did you decide what to do at the ports yet? I'm just now looking at our options.

Oh, my 12 year old just told me I posted instead of replied! I was just saying that we are a family of 4 with kids 10 & 12 going 9/5/05 to same locations. Wondering what you found out about the ports? I'm just now looking into. C

Whatever you do - don't hang around Calica itself (an uninteresting industrial port). Go into Playa Del Carmen (great shopping and a nice beach) or to one of the MANY lovely beaches along the Mayan Riviera coast or go to Tulum - LOTS of great choices in this area but the actual port itself is not very exciting

phinfan, Family and I are on Ecstasy out of Galveston, will be in Coz on 9/7 and in Calica (going to playa) on 9/8. Is this your same itinerary? Glad you posted!

Cin-hurry post--what ship are you on---at least somebody has touched base that is going when we are. So far, nobody on roll call :(.

Kelly43- My sister and I were on the Ecstasy 06/18 and we paid for a private tour ($45 each) and we went to Dos Ojos Cenote and snorkeled in the cave, beach and swam with the giant turtles, snorkeled in a lagoon full of colorful fish. We also at our own cost toured the Tulum Ruins and ate at a great mexican restaurant on the beach. Best thing was we did all this before 3:30 pm b/c we had to catch the boat back to Galveston.

We never felt rushed, felt very safe, and had so much fun. The tour name is Edventure tours. Bonnie took us around. She is originally from one of the Dakotas. She is a great person. You can find more about them on NikNiks earlier post. (dont know how to cut and paste)

I will tell you that we did so much more than anyone else we talked to. We saw places only the local tend to go. It was really cool.

Hope this helps.

Esctasy

Cyn, so you are on Ecstasy 9/5/05? Hurry, if I understand you right you are on the same cruise as we are! Which means you are the 1st person I have found that is going with us! Geez, I am so excited! I can't wait till you reply. It makes it all seem more real to me, silly as that may be. On the roll call I have only talked to myself :(, hoping somebody will answer!!

Archived