a review on Playa Palancar

sappygirl

We arrived at Palancar on 9/3/09. Cab driver was great. He waited there while we spent about 4 hours there. He guided us in and got us set up with the snorkel tour fro DH. I was going to relax on the beach. We found a table near the beach and set our stuff down.One of the waiters came over and asked if we wanted to order food. We had just eaten breakfast on the ship so we were not hungry at that moment. He proceeded to tell us that the table we were at was just for food and drink and that we had to move. I told him we were going to order drinks now but that we were not hungry at the moment, so he told us we had to move to another table, one like 5 feet behind that one.:rolleyes: Did not understand what differance it made as we were going to order food just not at that moment. We moved without any problem. He did that with everyone who came in after us that went to that table.:confused: The place was nice and clean. There were not many people there, about 50 which made it very pleasant and peaceful. DH went on his snorkel tour which he enjoyed thoroughly and I stayed on the beach. The service was a little lacking. The server never did come back after my first drink order.I always had to find him and ask for what I wanted. The vendors there were pleasant to deal with. Had a nice conversation with one of them that was set up right next to me. Of course I bought a couple of trinkets from him while there.:) Once DH came back from his tour I ordered his food. The beef fajitas were excellent. We did not have much time left so DH went for a short swim before we had to go. All in all we enjoyed the day but I think we will try some place else on our next trip to Cozumel.

For those who are interested in going there the list of amenities they have are showers, dressing rooms, lockers, kayaks, floats and parasailing. If anyone has any questions just ask.

Nice to have the review, but too bad you didn't read the notice on the Cozumel section. This thread is likely to be deleted. Hope you have a copy of your post so you won't have to retype it.

Please post your review or recommendation ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!

Nice to have the review, but too bad you didn't read the notice on the Cozumel section. This thread is likely to be deleted. Hope you have a copy of your post so you won't have to retype it.

If they delete it no big deal in my book. ;) Actually I forgot about that rule.:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thank you, Michele, very informative. We are a bit concerned about the taxi - why did you have your driver wait, were there not any available there?

There is no need to have a driver wait. There will be taxis available outside.

Archived