OMG! We sail on Saturday eeek!

Kazzykins

Oh my goodness, can't believe the cruise has come round soo quickly :D. I'm starting to get a bit panicky now as this is our first cruise and don't know what to expect, I'm worrying about everything...will we get to port on time (Southampton), will the weather be good, will we stand out like sore thumbs cos we're new to all this, have I jammed enough of my entire wardrobe into my case, will the car actually move when we all pile in...I'm basically worrying about worrying...but thats my nature anyway. Don't get me wrong I am mega-excited - not going to sleep Friday night (just like Christmas Eve when we were kids!). Can I ask my fellow Indy passengers going on the Med Treasures cruise (or any fellow readers)...I have a few euros for when we are out and about on port days...but I don't need to get any dollars do I? I just use my seapass and pay with my card at the end? We have prepaid our gratuities. Thanks and thanks to all for all the advice over the past few months its been so useful. Kaz:)

First of all...calm down. Secondly, try to get some sleep before the trip. You sound like you are all organized, so that's a great start! :)

Yes, you should get some dollars in small bills. You may want to have room service, and most of the ships crew take US dollars. When I did the Med cruise on HAL, we tipped the crew in dollars, not euro. And, like us, you may feel like tipping your waiters and stateroom steward a little extra. ;)

BTW - Take your suitcase and unpack half of it. :D

Have a great time!

Hi, Kaz. We did the Med cruise on the Independence in September last year. It was wonderful. I notice the Southampton boat show is on when you sail, as it was when we sailed, therefore make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to the port because of the extra traffic. Sailaway last year was lovely, with all the people at the show waving us off. We too took nearly our entire wardbrobe, but that is the beauty of sailing from a port in your own country, no worries about baggage weight - we didn't wear half the clothes we took though!!! Don't worry, you will be fine - have a lovely time.

Would agree with others that you need some dollars. I always have some for tipping. Little extra to the stateroom attendant, and always without a doubt you will find various members of staff/bartenders that you would want to give a couple of dollars here and there.

The most important thing to remember is to relax and have a good time. I can assure you that you will not stand out when you are on board. You will see a lot of people with their jaws dropped down as they see the inside of the Independance for the first time. Heck, I've cruised on many RCI ships and I still get that WOW whenever I step on board.

The best advice I can give you is to have a positive attitude not to try to do it all. I have read reviews of cruises I have been on, wondering whether the reviewer was really on the same cruise? Sure, there may be less than perfect weather, a port or excursion may be cancelled due to weather or other reasons, some passengers may seem a bit rude, etc. Don't let little things spoil what has to be the best vacation style ever! You will have a great time, no matter what, if you let yourself.

Enjoy your cruise and relax, you have earned that opportunity. This is your time to enjoy the great service, good food and entertainment, beautiful ship, fun fellow passengers, nice ports and the overall awesome cruising experience on Royal Caribbean. That's what keeps all of us going back for more!

Eric

Archived