Gatwick Air

TIANDTE

We are looking at The Jewel OTS TA in May 2010 but are concerned if we can get from Harwick and get to Gatwick in time to catch a 10:10AM flight. The RCCL website shows arriving at Harwick at 4:30AM. Does anyone out there have any real time knowledge that will help me decide? Thanks, Tim:confused::confused:

We are looking at The Jewel OTS TA in May 2010 but are concerned if we can get from Harwick and get to Gatwick in time to catch a 10:10AM flight. The RCCL website shows arriving at Harwick at 4:30AM. Does anyone out there have any real time knowledge that will help me decide? Thanks, Tim:confused::confused:

Tim, you may want to try this link http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000PixnkytP4PyPvjvcZR2HWtz:12hdhu87a?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqId=2724&faqSubjectId=324&faqType=faq

Look under London Gatwick

The distance between Harwich Port and Gatwick Airport is just over 100 miles. Estimate time journey by car/taxi is approximately 2hrs (allow more time for rush hour traffic.

They also run Cruise Trains from London Liverpool Street but you would need to get to Gatwick from there by taking another train. Google HARWICH INTERNATIONAL PORT and you will get all the details.

Allowing travelling time and check-in time I would not suggest booking a flight so early in the morning. Normally the first departure off ship is around 0630/0700hrs (for those who wish to take their own luggage off) depending on how long it takes to clear customs.

Best wishes

Judi

Hi Tim - Assuming the ship arrives on schedule, the earliest you will get off the ship will be about 6:45am if you are doing self disembarkation or have access to priority disembarkation. The average time to travel from Harwich to Gatwick is about 2hours 30 minutes by train or car assuming no hold ups on the way. I assume that you are either on the eastbound transatlantic crossing disembarking on 12 May or the Baltic sailing disembarking 24 May, in which case you will have the usual mid-week rush hour to contend with and this could add significantly to your journey time. IMHO a 10:00am flight departure is completely out of the question unless you have a rich friend with a helicopter to call on.

Hi Tim - Assuming the ship arrives on schedule, the earliest you will get off the ship will be about 6:45am if you are doing self disembarkation or have access to priority disembarkation. The average time to travel from Harwich to Gatwick is about 2hours 30 minutes by train or car assuming no hold ups on the way. I assume that you are either on the eastbound transatlantic crossing disembarking on 12 May or the Baltic sailing disembarking 24 May, in which case you will have the usual mid-week rush hour to contend with and this could add significantly to your journey time. IMHO a 10:00am flight departure is completely out of the question unless you have a rich friend with a helicopter to call on.

Definately agree, no way will they get to Gatwick for 7.10am as most long distance/transatlantic flights the check in time is now 3hrs before departure but even allowing the old system of 2hrs, still cannot see how they could get there for 8.10am, especially having to navigate 2 of the most congested roads/motorways, namely the A12 and the M25:(:(

Absolutely not doable.

No way, no how.

Bearing in mind you need to check in 2-3 hours for a transatlantic flight you would need to be at LGW 0730.

Not even a slight possibility of this happening.

Please don't say you wweren't warned.

I live slap bang in between the two and I know theroute from Harwich and down to Gatwick like the back of my hand.

Archived