When does Carnival change cruise director assignments?

Delta Dear

I've seen the CD list until December, 2009. Will Cruise Directors change after that date? I keep reading about how annoying Jen is to many of the Legend travelers. From the descriptions, I think I would find her annoying also. I'm hoping that maybe someone else will be the CD instead. What do you think the chances are of that ?

No, I don't think there will be a wholesale change of CD's as of Jan 1, 2010. I think it's just a case of John Heald hasn't done up a new schedule for posting on his blog yet. As you can see when looking at the schedule, they change at different times and stay off or on for varying amounts of time.

When a CD goes on their break/vacation, another CD takes their place. When they come back, they are posted to another ship - who's CD has just left for their break/vacation. Their breaks are one or two months long so the replacement CD's still working for a few months until their break time comes. Same with ALL crew on all ships.

CRUISE LINES WE'VE BEEN ON:

Dolphin

Commodore

Regency

Premier

Cape Canaveral Cruises

Carnival

Royal Caribean

Celebrity

NCL

Princess

Costa

When a CD goes on their break/vacation, another CD takes their place. When they come back, they are posted to another ship - who's CD has just left for their break/vacation. Their breaks are one or two months long so the replacement CD's still working for a few months until their break time comes. Same with ALL crew on all ships.

CRUISE LINES WE'VE BEEN ON:

Dolphin

Commodore

Regency

Premier

Cape Canaveral Cruises

Carnival

Royal Caribean

Celebrity

NCL

Princess

Costa

I'm sorry to hear this. Our CD on the Pride in June was Kirk Benning. I normally could care less who the CD is on a cruise, but this CD was so funny and friendly, he really added to our fun on Carnival Pride. He was leaving on vacation when we returned to Baltimore and I was hoping he'd be back on board after his vacation so he'd be our CD when we cruise in January. He was standing by the area where we exited the ship and his funny comments had us laughing as we left ....I'm usually a little sad when my feet hit the dock after a cruise.

See if you can find out what ship he'll be on. Our Maitre'd knew which ship he was going to after his break/vacation. You have enough time to cancel and rebook on his ship - or just have your reservation switched. Good luck, know what a good CD is like. Our favorite, Soozie, was going to work in NCL's offices for a while before coming back to a ship!

Archived