Table for 7??

2preschoolers

We'll be going on the Liberty in January and there are 5 adults, 2 kids. Have a few questions if anyone can help...

* Do they have boosters and/or high chairs?

* For 7 people, will we have our OWN table or will we be assigned with a party of 3 to fill up a 10-top?

* If we are assigned a table for 10 - is there any hope of getting re-assigned to a table for just the 7 of us? (I hate to ruin anyone else's dinner by having them deal wtih my 2 and 4 yr old - and it'll stress me out worrying about them annoying tablemates)

* If one of the kids orders something for dinner and doesn't like it, can we then re-order them something else?? Or does it take too much time for them to do it that way? (IE if we aren't sure if they'll like one thing should we just order them 2 entrees at once??) I hate to have them waste food but also realize that it may upset the waiter's "pace" if he has to go back to the kitchen to get a kid something different.

THANKS!!

Carnival is good about matching people up. If you have children, they would maybe add a couple with one child to sit you at a 10 top ... or sit you at your own 8 top. It would be difficult to expect to be reassigned with 7 people to another table.

Yes, they have bolsters and high chairs and kids menus.

It probably would hold up your whole table if someone reorders something. It takes a while and everyone else will be done. Id suggest stopped by the buffet later on if someone is still hungry, grab a ice cream or pizza later in the evening. If you are late finishing your dinner and eat early, it could affect late seating.

We'll be going on the Liberty in January and there are 5 adults, 2 kids. Have a few questions if anyone can help...

* For 7 people, will we have our OWN table or will we be assigned with a party of 3 to fill up a 10-top?

* If we are assigned a table for 10 - is there any hope of getting re-assigned to a table for just the 7 of us? (I hate to ruin anyone else's dinner by having them deal wtih my 2 and 4 yr old - and it'll stress me out worrying about them annoying tablemates)

* If one of the kids orders something for dinner and doesn't like it, can we then re-order them something else?? Or does it take too much time for them to do it that way? (IE if we aren't sure if they'll like one thing should we just order them 2 entrees at once??) I hate to have them waste food but also realize that it may upset the waiter's "pace" if he has to go back to the kitchen to get a kid something different.

THANKS!!

Booster seats are available for main dining. Ask the Maitre d' when you arrive.

Typically, the largest tables available will be for eight so expect your family to be a an eight top on your own.

Once you've checked in look at your Sail and Sign card for your table assignment. If they aren't all the same visit with the Maitre d' once on board and request a change. Normally, you can do this about 1 or 1:30 at the entrance to the central dining room. Check the Capers for the exact time and place.

:)

THANKS!!

Booster/high chair - yes.

Check with your PVP or TA and request a table for your family dining alone. Once you embark the ship stop in the dining room to check on your table - if it isn't what you want request a change.

Ask the waiter how he would like to handle this situation. If the kids are 2 and 4 there is a children's menu with kids favorites. Even adults sometimes order something they don't enjoy. The waiter and assistant manage changes well - just ask them how they would prefer to do it.

Enjoy!

Check with your PVP or TA and request a table for your family dining alone. Once you embark the ship stop in the dining room to check on your table - if it isn't what you want request a change.

Enjoy!

Carnival doesnt let you choose table size preferance any more. I think I remember they used to.

I suspect as Mach said chances are that they will have their own 8 top. There arent that many 10 tops, so they will be seated alone. Just make sure all the bookings are linked and they will be seated together.

Looks like you got your answers. I just wanted to add that if your kids don't like something and want to order something else off the menu, let them. It really is no big deal.

On my last cruise, I didn't care much for the pasta dish I ordered as an entree. Both the waiter and assistant waiter noticed that I wasn't eating it, and asked if my food was ok. I told them it was fine, but not as good as my hubby's (who had let me sample his braised beef.)

Both the waiter and asst. waiter insisted that they bring me my own braised beef entree instead, and after a couple of seconds convincing, I succumbed. My second entree was in front of me in almost no time.

THANKS!!

Some ships have booster seats, some have high chairs and some have both. it's the luck of the drawer.

If you have your entire groups reservations linked by your TA or PVP, you will all be assigned to the same table. With a party of this size they don't usually add any one to the seating.

You can order a second dish if the first is not to your liking in the dining room. However, if at all possible, the staff prefers you order all the dishes at the same time as they have to travel down to the galley to pick up the food. If you think there's a possibility the meal won't be to your child's liking just order two different things. This goes for the adults also, you can order two entrees if you can't decide between two items.

THANKS!!

Our last cruise we were a group of 7 and they had us at a table for 7. However, we did not like the location and asked to be moved, the Maitre'd moved us to a table for 8 and we just had 1 empty seat for teh rest of teh cruise.

I can't give you an accurate answer about high-chairs and booster seats.

As for the kids meals, don't worry about the time frame. Last year our youngest nephew was with us and they would bring his food first. One occasion he did not want it and the waiters were able to quickly get something else. However, I have had meals that were so good I wanted seconds and the waiters did not even hesitate, they quickly got me another entree without missing a beat.

Archived