National Car Rental and Advice on Transportation from FLL to MIA

Ithocles

I'm cruising out of Miami on Carnival Liberty January 30, 2010! :D I'm flying from Tulsa, OK, and debating on Southwest or American Airlines, and a large consideration is transporation from FLL to MIA. National Car Rental has $29 car rental but I haven't heard much about them. What has your experience been with them? Any recommendations as to what airport to fly into? Thanks for your help.

National Car Rental is fine, as are any of the majors.

If you're renting a car anyway it doesn't matter so much which airport you fly into, just make sure the car rental company doesn't have a drop charge if you return it to a different location than you pick it up from.

FLL to Miami is about 35-45 minutes, longer during rush hour, rain, or if there's an accident.

How many are in your party? If only 2 of you, you might be better off with SAS transportation. It costs $15 per person to go from Ft Lauderdale to Miami or Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. We have used them before and they are quite convenient.

I keep hearing about SAS in other threads. It appears that they are the transporation of choice, and price, that I have found. I'm adding them to my contact list.

The more I look at flights, the more it looks like I will be using American into Miami. I hate to pay the baggage fees but the Southwest flight, but the only flight on Southwest on return is a little after 11:00 a.m. It makes me nervous to think of taking such an early flight back. I even priced flights from Dallas, a four-hour drive away and the flights are STILL cheaper from Tulsa.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Archived