Regarding the New Price Drop Policy - My Experience on Sept. 8

amybeth4

Hey kids,

So there's been nonstop talk about how once you've made final payment, instead of getting a credit back to your card, you'll be either given an OBC or offered an "upsell." Thanks to Sue L, we learned that there was so much complaining that they dropped it before they started it!

So I wanted to confirm the truth since I just got off the phone with RCI (10pm on Tue Sept 8, haha).

I had a whopping $31pp reduction in a cruise that's fully paid for (departure 11/1 on the Liberty). Without even asking me what I wanted, she said, "Okay Amy, I have that credit going back to the card in which it was paid."

I said, "It was split between two cards. Will the credit be split?"

"Yes, it should be."

"So this will be a credit on the cards, NOT an OBC, right?"

"That's correct."

So, dere ya go.

Hey Amy

they now have the Price Guarantee up on the website. Not sure they exact date they are starting but it says on there after final payment it WILL be OBC given for the drops.

It seem the day they rescinded it, it was really only a postponement and I guess you missed all the hoopla about it. Like two day later the Price Guarantee promise appeared on the website. You may have lucked out this time.

Sue, thanks for the info. I actually did see a thread or two talking about the Price Guarantee, but I didn't bother clicking it. And there were SO many going around about the initial rumor (and there were so many replies), that once you said they rescinded it, I just stopped reading it, since it no longer mattered.

I guess for $31 it also doesn't matter. I can drink $31 before noon, lol. :)

Archived