grand cayman stingray city scuba

mariaw8889

I am looking to book a two tank dive in grand cayman that would take us to the stingray city 10 foot dive as our second dive. All of the dive shops that I have looked at on-line do a wall dive first then a wreck dive as the second dive. I have my heart set on the stingray city dive but would also like to do a nice deep water dive also. has anyone done this?

I am looking to book a two tank dive in grand cayman that would take us to the stingray city 10 foot dive as our second dive. All of the dive shops that I have looked at on-line do a wall dive first then a wreck dive as the second dive. I have my heart set on the stingray city dive but would also like to do a nice deep water dive also. has anyone done this?

Yep, I have done it twice.Once with Princess and once with NCL--both were ship tours advertised as the world's best deep and shallow dives.The operator was Resort Sports Ltd. and they were very good on both occasions.First location was the North Wall at Eagle Ray Pass and then Sting Ray City---basically a long safety stop at 18 feet max. The North Wall has a verticle drop of over 500 feet with the wall starting at about 80 feet out of the pass.I did 120 feet or so both times there, but you could stay up on the reef at 70-80 feet.The tour did require an advanced certification because of the wall.Hope this helps.

Think of a U (kind of the shape of the island). Most shops would dive the west wall. If they want to take the boat to go to the top of the U and down (the middle of the U), to the Stingray City, it'll take some time. That's why you don't find most shops offering Stingray city as the second dive.

If a shop would do the first dive at the north wall (which is not as good as the west wall), then they can do the stingray city as the second dive.

I tried to find a shop before. Some responded that cruise passengers are a small part of their business. Most people if they've done the stingray city dive once, as unique as it may be, would not ask to do it again during their land stay there. But most people would keep diving the west wall, as there are lots of dive sites and very good diving.

That's why you don't find many shops offering stingray city as the second dive.

Archived