Mtd?

hazeleyez3

I am tempted to try MTD on the Freedom in January. From what I understand...

You must pre-pay your gratuities

There are more tables for 2 then in traditional seating but you can ask to be sat with others

Reservations aren't needed, just suggested. If you don't make a reservation you may need to wait 5-10min

They will seat you up to 9pm

You eat at your own pace - don't have to wait on others (if you have a shared table)

Am I correct in my thoughts?

The one thing I do have a question on is the waitstaff. Is there a way to ensure we have the same waitstaff each night? My husband likes that the waiters (for traditional dining) get to know your likes and dislikes.

Yes you pretty much right on all. The only thing I am not sure about is if you are at a shared table if they will serve all at the same time. I believe they most likely will. We did MTD on the liberty 2 weeks ago, had a table for two and it was the best thing ever. No going back to traditional for us.

We ate at MTD 4 out of the seven nights (others at chops and portafinos) and had the same waiters 3 of those nights. I beleive if you request same waiters you can get them, you may just have to wait a little time if you do not reserve a time.

The one thing I do have a question on is the waitstaff. Is there a way to ensure we have the same waitstaff each night? My husband likes that the waiters (for traditional dining) get to know your likes and dislikes.

Talk to the Head Waiter in charge of MTD and give them a sense of the time you will come the next day. Otherwise, you may have to wait a significant time until the waiter has a free table.

Funny how everyone has their own perspective.

I was on Vision a couple of weeks ago on 2nd dining large table.

Was absolutely spot on and totally enhanced our cruise experience.

1) Same waiting staff

2) Same people on the table

3) Same position of table

4) No wait.

1) and 2) were the key issues and I do not think I would ever want to do MTD, but for everyone like me, there are plenty who view it the other way.

Archived