Hotels near the Bridgetown Cruise Terminal in Barbados? Pls Help!

Sailkeywest

If you can't search and find the answer, definitely post your question. Sometimes there are members just waiting to answer questions like this, but if you don't ask them, they don't realize the info is needed. Definitely go and post on the ports of call boards, I would bet within 24 hours, someone will respond with the info you are seeking. Good Luck!

You may be too focused. Why the need to be so close to the cruise terminal? It's no vacation spot. That may sound oxymoronic but it isn't. The cruise terminal is part of the commercial harbor - and it is a VERY active harbor. Being 100 miles east of the Antilles island chain, Barbados is uniquely positioned. That has contributed to it being a more industrially active island and harbor than its neighbors to the west. The neigborhood immediately adjacent the harbor terminal is - surprise - warehousing and light industrial.

Accordingly, neither tourist nor business lodging is located there. Downtown Bridgetown is across Carlisle 'Creek'. There are nice beach front hotels on the west and south coast not far by cab from the Bridgetown cruise terminal. Check out the landsat maps (including accomodation) at http://www.barbados.org

I understand your eagerness to get on the boat but you don't really need to overnight in a shipping container.:D

I don't think there are any hotels near the port; and I wouldn't want to stay in Bridgetown either, it's not the most attractive of towns.

The traffic in Barbados has got a lot worse over the past few years and jams are not infrequent. There are plenty of hotels around the Rockley Beach / St Lawrence Gap area on the south coast which are easier to get to from the airport but you could be a while getting through Bridgetown to the port. The better option IMO is on the west coast in the Paynes Bay to Holetown areas - you can bypass Bridgetown on the Errol Barrow highway, the beaches are better, the sea is less rough, and it's an easy cab ride down to the port.

I have been searching for nearly 3 days now, and cannot find a single website that will give me a list of hotels near the Bridgetown Cruise Terminal in Barbados. Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

Thank you :)

We have this booked for one night prior to our cruise. It was recommended by another cc member:

Coconut Court Beach Resort Barbados

Jan

Archived