Boarding the Gem in Barcelona

rcha

Boarding the Gem in October. Does anyone have any experience of this?

What is the queue like to get on board mid afternoon?

As we are staying in Barcelona overnight and we could get to the ship in the morning, check in and then return to look around Barcelona for a few hours

Is this a better idea than leaving the luggage in the hotel while we explore Barcelona and then getting to the ship about 3.00 oclock?

Any advice very welcome.

I think I'd leave the luggage with the hotel rather than go out to the port twice. While it isn't far from downtown, it's not "right there". Why take the time, and pay for the cab, twice when the hotel will hold your luggage at no charge?

Embarking on the Gem in Barcelona in July, when it was PACKED, was fairly quick and simple.

Euro Cruiser gave you good advice. Embarkation in Barcelona is a breeze. I am not sure that I would wait til 3pm though--don't you need to be on the ship by 4?

Our cab driver was headed in the wrong direction (language barrier) and was pretty far off track before I realized that we were heading to the airport not the port....:eek:

I would give myself a little more than 1 hr wiggle room....

Euro Cruiser gave you good advice. Embarkation in Barcelona is a breeze. I am not sure that I would wait til 3pm though--don't you need to be on the ship by 4?

Our cab driver was headed in the wrong direction (language barrier) and was pretty far off track before I realized that we were heading to the airport not the port....:eek:

I would give myself a little more than 1 hr wiggle room....

We cruise on Oct 4 and the Gem departs at 7 pm that day.

Archived