Nativeway and Rumpoint

blessedwith12

For those who have done the Nativeway tour to Rumpoint - how long did you actually get to stay at Rumpoint?

What types of lunches did you get to choose from? Looking at their website, it mentions a picnic lunch. I'm assuming this is at Rumpoint.

I'm leaning towards going with them rather than the Carnival excursion. I used Nativeway last time in GC and did the Rays, Coral Gardens and Starfish so I'm already sold on Nativeways being professional and reliable.

Anything else I should know?

We went w/ Nativeway can't say enough great things we only had 8 people on the entire boat with us which was soo much better than the tons and I mean tons of people when you book thru the cruiseline.

We first went out to the stingrays stayed for over an hour, then travelled to the Coral Gardens for snorkeling then off to Rum point, on the way you order your lunch & the guys will radio it in ahead of time so when you arrive everything is all set. I got the blacked mahi sandwich which was delicious, my husband got the conch chowder and the same sandwich, kids of course chicken fingers what else! They also had salads and other sandwich's to chose sorry I can't recall. You can order more than what's included in the trip price you just pay the difference when you get your food.

We ate at picnic tables set up along the beach, also there's bar if you chose to have a drink, really pretty pricey though. The beach was so beautiful, lounge chairs, hammocks. Also a few little shops. We probably were there for about 1 1/2 hours, cruised back. Best excursion of the entire week. Have fun!!! :)

Thanks for the info. It looks like I'll have 1 1/2 hours at Rumpoint whether I go with Carnival or Nativeway. I would rather go with Nativeway and have the smaller group. I have already done the stingrays and Coral Gardens, and really just want to get to Rum Point. It looks like this will be the best option. My husband isn't too excited about snorkeling or the rays, but maybe he'll get into it once we're there. I know we'll both enjoy just being out on the boat!

We used nativeway when we went in 2007, and found part of the tour to be extremely boring. Especially Rumpoint. Would not do that again (in fact, we are going back to the Cayman Islands in 2 weeks and are opting for a different tour operator). The visit to the stingray was fine.

A couple of years ago we rented a car and drove to rumpoint. Stopped at a batanical garden for about an hour on the way to rumpoint. Budget rent-a-car has a cruise ship all inclusive rental which covers insurance, drivers permit and fuel for $85 on a mid size car. They drive on the left side of the road which is a little different, but not a real problem if you pay attention. Once you get outside of Georgetown proper, there is very little traffic. If you want you can stay a rumpoint all day.

A few years ago we did the RRR tour with Nativeway and had a blast. The rays are always fun, my DH & DS loved the snorkeling at the reef. Rum point is very nice. There we different items to choose from - I had a spicy chicken and DS had fried conch ... which was very good. We sat on the beach with a local beer (not DS who was only 16) and enjoyed the time relaxing ... for us it was perfect. Jan

When we did R,R &RP in February, we should have had an hour after the tour before the final tenders to our ship.

Unfortunately, that day, Nativeway was experienceing major brain farts and could not decide, which passengers were supposed to be on which of their 3 boats, all day long.

We kept wasting time, meeting the other 2 boats and swapping passnegers, to make sure the right people of reach tour were on the correct boat. (3 different times)

How difficult is it check names off a list and to load 3 different tours onto 3 different boats?

Our time at Rum Point wound up getting cut down to less than an hour.

Was less than impressed with Rum Point anyway, so it wasn't a tragic loss having our time cut.

Then by the time the bus arrived back at the pier, the 7 of us from our ship had less than 10 minutes before the last tender. So we had to bail on the street and run for the tender pier.

Not a terrible excursion, but going to try someone else in January and see if it run more professionally. (I hope)

Bill

Archived