Looking for comments on the Valor

J-Hawk

I love the Valor and all Conquest class ships......I see that this will be your 1st time on that class of ship so my best advice is to start looking at the deck plans. A lot of people complain about how NONE of the decks go all the way from front to back......but that's not true.

There are 2 dining rooms on this ship and they are both 2 story deck 3 and 4 and they are separated by a 2 level galley. So, if you are in the aft DR you will need to go to the aft elevators or stairway on any deck other than 3 or 4 to go down to deck 3.

I like the Valor for it's understated decor, though decor isn't that big of a deal for me, but some people complain that some of the Carnival ships are too gaudy.

You will have a sushi bar each evening, 24 hour pizza/ceasar salad/calzone, fish-n-chips on deck 10 above Rosies buffet, a giant screen out on the Lida deck, a great specialty restaurant for a $30/pp charge. There is also wine tasting held there on at least 1 sea day if not 2. There is tea time each sea day afternoon.

I could go on and on, but I know you will have a great time.

I love the Valor and all Conquest class ships......I see that this will be your 1st time on that class of ship so my best advice is to start looking at the deck plans. A lot of people complain about how NONE of the decks go all the way from front to back......but that's not true.

There are 2 dining rooms on this ship and they are both 2 story deck 3 and 4 and they are separated by a 2 level galley. So, if you are in the aft DR you will need to go to the aft elevators or stairway on any deck other than 3 or 4 to go down to deck 3.

I like the Valor for it's understated decor, though decor isn't that big of a deal for me, but some people complain that some of the Carnival ships are too gaudy.

You will have a sushi bar each evening, 24 hour pizza/ceasar salad/calzone, fish-n-chips on deck 10 above Rosies buffet, a giant screen out on the Lida deck, a great specialty restaurant for a $30/pp charge. There is also wine tasting held there on at least 1 sea day if not 2. There is tea time each sea day afternoon.

I could go on and on, but I know you will have a great time.

Thanks for all of the info!! I can't wait! Is there a fee for the sushi bar?

I can say that the ports the ship goes to are fabulous--especially the Belize and Roatan.

The one major element of the ship I didn't like was that it was extremely tacky decor. It can be best described as "all american" red, white, and blue. I am Canadian, not american....After two days I just got used to it and glanced past it. I took the least amount of ship photos of that ship.

I can say that the ports the ship goes to are fabulous--especially the Belize and Roatan.

The one major element of the ship I didn't like was that it was extremely tacky decor. It can be best described as "all american" red, white, and blue. I am Canadian, not american....After two days I just got used to it and glanced past it. I took the least amount of ship photos of that ship.

One of the main reasons that we chose this cruise was the itinerary. I am also worried that the decor may be a bit much.

Archived