No one is joining my roll call!?!?!?!?!

lilybug23

First I went and checked to see if there was a roll call already started for my cruising date. DREAM 7/24/2010 There wasn't so... I started one. I did some research and I noticed that other roll calls for cruises that are much later next year than this one are filling up. I know there is still A LOT of time left for ppl to join but I am just curious. I would like to meet some of the ppl that my husband and I will be cruising with. Why is no one joining the roll call. Is there something I need to know about this cruising date or could it be that this cruise is not selling out?? Any advice would be helpful! :)

My next cruise is 2/6/10 on the Ecstasy and I have only had one person post on my roll call. I tell you it gets kinda depressing checking in each day to see if anyone posted that they are sailing with you and you see nothing.

I am hoping more people post as the cruise date nears.

Teresa

It's hard to figure how a roll call will go. We currently have 21 responders to our 3/12/10 Miracle Roll Call but the majority have signed in and apparently left. With 6 months to go, I hope it will get a bit busier the closer we get to the cruise.

I have sailed on 12 Carnival cruises and the March cruise will be number 13. Some Roll Calls were so busy, you had to check daily.

It's the same with the Meet & Greet. I have seen as many as 30 people and the get together took a couple of hours. On others, it was over in about 20 minutes with few attendees. Must be the luck of the draw.

But what the heck, I will enjoy the cruise regardless. It's just that it is nice to meet people the first day that you have corresponded with for several months and then see then over and over during the entire cruise. Makes for a friendly cruise.

I hear ya mine is October 26th and i think only 10 people are going to be on the ship.

We are going Nov 1, 2009 on the Carnival Sensation which is 50 days away.

As of today there are 7 groups going. No wonder I got an upgrade to a cabin with a larger door frame for my electric scooter! With only 7 groups on the ship there must be plenty of cabins left!

Yes, I know when that day arrives I will be waiting behind hordes of people wondering why there was no response from them.

I know what you mean....My cruise is on the Dream June 5, 2010 and there are just a few other posters on our roll call....I was beginning to think I was gonna be the only one on there...But the prices have went up not down so I guess I'm not...hopefully it'll pick up soon...I'm getting tired of talking to myself.

First I went and checked to see if there was a roll call already started for my cruising date. DREAM 7/24/2010 There wasn't so... I started one. I did some research and I noticed that other roll calls for cruises that are much later next year than this one are filling up. I know there is still A LOT of time left for ppl to join but I am just curious. I would like to meet some of the ppl that my husband and I will be cruising with. Why is no one joining the roll call. Is there something I need to know about this cruising date or could it be that this cruise is not selling out?? Any advice would be helpful! :)

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO lilybug23: On a past cruise I started a roll call for the cruise. Hardly anyone came on. A future cruise, another year, there were many people on. Of course, I didn't start that one. This year I started a roll call. It started slowly then people came on.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that a person would come on cruise critic asking why no one is on their roll call on another website? And they didn't even mention that it was not a cruise critic roll call in their original thread.

The other roll call is on the Carnival website. The op must have thought that anyone taking a Carnival crise would also check out the Carnival website.

Linda

We had the same problem with our next cruise leaving 10/17/2009, We posted on the roll call months ago and nothing, twice its moved off the board for lack of response and we are booked on another in Oct 2010 and that thread is hopping! Finally last month one man posted another roll call for the 10/17 sailing and we responded and then nothing and now it is off the board, I guess we'll be all alone on the ship lol! It is strange, the cruises for the rest of the month, before and after are full of people talking, just the luck of the draw I guess, my suggestion, book another cruise!!!! See if your roll call on the new booking does better!!!!!! Have fun and Happy Cruising!!!!!!

Archived