CC Cabin on Century-- Thoughts??

Screwbit

We will be taking our first Celebrity sailing since the Horizon(our first cruise), on the Century, Sep. 11 . We got an offer on a Concierge cabin that I felt was very good ($1400. total for the two of us). We will be in Stateroom 1097 on Penthouse Deck. We have become very used to sailing in "mini" or "Junior" suites on Princess and RCCL. Giving up the extra space and the veranda was the trade-off for the price. Are we going to enjoy the amenities of the CC cabin ? How is the storage space? What is the bathroom like? What's the deal with the pillows in Concierge -class? The ship looks wonderful, even though we've become more accustomed to the "big boys". Any help from ex-Century cruisers, particularly in CC category on Century would be most helpful. Thanks for your help!! icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til the cruise of the Century

Celebrity Horizon '97

RCCL Sovereign '98

Grand Princess '99

RCCL Enchantment '00

Ocean Princess '01

RCCL Radiance '02

Golden Princess 4/5/03

RCCL Navigator 1/10/04

Celebrity Century 9/11/04

Diamond Princess-Alaska 9/05

We're booked in a CC cabin on Sept 18, the week after you. This will be my third cruise on the Century, but first in CC Class. We're in Cabin 1118. I can tell you that there is plenty of storage room in the cabins. I've traveled with 2 other females before and we had room to put up all our stuff! There's a good sized closet to hang things in and another closet full of shelves. Also there are several drawers on the vanity as well as the nightstand. Bathroom is a little bigger than what I had on Carnival ships, the shower, while small, was at least big enough to turn around in. There are shelves and drawers in the bathroom for storage. I can't help you with any information on CC amenities since this will be our first time in this category. I know you'll have a wonderful cruise.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Inspiration - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

Hi Screwbit & Terri,

I'm booked on Century 06-05-04, CC Cabin 1021. It's our first cruise ever, that is my hubby and me. I'll keep you posted as how it went, we are really looking forward to it!! icon_smile.gif

Monica

just did cc on Galaxy, it was very nice. if you got it for $700pp, take it. i didnt know it would be in effect on my sailing so i got it free! the towels and robes are great, massaging showerhead, fruit basket, champagne, canapes, flowers in room and bath, binoculars, umbrella, totebag, chair cushions on verandah, dining height table and many other goodies. i am now spoiled for my NCL Sun cruise in dec. where i'll only have a balcony!

"live long and prosper...so you may cruise!"

Archived