Grand Cayman - snorkeling near ship

Lady Vidora

Is there any sand beach area at/near Eden Rock? Our group includes both people who want great snorkeling and people who just want their toes in the sand, and we want to stay together. Also, can anyone compare the snorkeling at Eden Rock vs. Cemetery Beach? Thanks!

Not really the whole area is a rocky/coral area. There are two places a couple hundred yards apart. The one I prefer (Eden Rock Dive Center) has good facilities for snorkeling and diving but not much else. The other (Paradise Restaurant) has a small area where they've brought in some sand and put a few lounge chairs out - but not really a beach.

Sorry - but I've never been to Cemetery Beach.

• 1 month later...
so it is safe to say all carnival ships port there? going on conquest in janaury out of galveston and wonder if all ships port or should i say float there?

I'm not 100% sure of what you're asking - but if you are asking if all ships "tender" there as opposed to "docking" - the answer is yes as there are no facilities for a large cruise ship to dock at Grand Cayman.

Terminology:

Dock, Docked or Docking - Ship pulls up to a pier and ties up - to get off the ship they lower a gang plank and you just walk off.

Tender or Tendering - Ship anchors a little off shore and in order to get off you get onto a smaller "tender" boat and ride that small boat to a smaller dock on the shore.

Is that what you're looking for and does the answer help?

The Eden Rock Dive Center is 357 yards (approximately 1/5 of a mile) south of the South Terminal.

...from the North Terminal it is 539 yards (about 3/10 of a mile).

... from the new Royal Watler Terminal it is 642 yards (a bit more than 1/3 mile).

Eden Rock Dive Center is 98 yards further from any of the tender docks than the Paradise Bar and Restaurant.

Archived