Vancouver Pier to Airport Question

Foxhill

I know this has probably been asked and answered here many times, but after searching endlessly and not finding the answer to my question, I am hoping someone who has done this will have some suggestions.

We arrive at the Vancouver pier after our cruise. Brochure says we arrive at 7:00 a.m. After we disembark and get our luggage.

Question 1: What is the best way to get from the pier (I assume may be Ballantyne) to the Vancouver airport? Are there shuttles available at the pier that will take you to the airport?

Question 2: We are considering a flight leaving Vancouver around 5:55 p.m. and are wondering if that will give us enough time to get to the airport for check in. There is also a flight leaving at 3:55 p.m. but I don't want to chance missing it. On the other hand, I also don't want to sit in an airport any longer than necessary and if we could comfortably make the 3:55 p.m. flight I would do that.

Question 3: Whether we take shuttle, taxi, etc. how much should we anticipate for the cost of this transport?

Would like to hear from those who have done this in the past and can tell us what to expect and how to deal with this transportation question. :o

I know this has probably been asked and answered here many times, but after searching endlessly and not finding the answer to my question, I am hoping someone who has done this will have some suggestions.

We arrive at the Vancouver pier after our cruise. Brochure says we arrive at 7:00 a.m. After we disembark and get our luggage.

Question 1: What is the best way to get from the pier (I assume may be Ballantyne) to the Vancouver airport? Are there shuttles available at the pier that will take you to the airport?

There are two piers, Canada Place and Ballantyne Pier. You can check which one you dock at here: http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/cruiselineschedules.aspx

From Ballantyne, you really need to take a taxi or transfer to get anywhere. From Canada Place, you can walk 3 blocks to the Skytrain (subway) and go DIRECTLY to the airport (there are even airport checkin machines at the Skytrain stations downtown. This thread shows photos of the whole process in detail http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1044929

Question 2: We are considering a flight leaving Vancouver around 5:55 p.m. and are wondering if that will give us enough time to get to the airport for check in. There is also a flight leaving at 3:55 p.m. but I don't want to chance missing it. On the other hand, I also don't want to sit in an airport any longer than necessary and if we could comfortably make the 3:55 p.m. flight I would do that.

More than enough time to catch the 3:55pm, and the 5:55pm you'll be waiting around for a very long time

Question 3: Whether we take shuttle, taxi, etc. how much should we anticipate for the cost of this transport?

From Canada Place to YVR, the Skytrain is $3.75/ea. A taxi will be $35ish

Would like to hear from those who have done this in the past and can tell us what to expect and how to deal with this transportation question. :o

No matter which pier you arrive at you will lots of time to get to YVR. You will be off the ship and thru Canadian customs likely by 9am. If you are at Ballantyne you could catch a cab over to Canada Place, check your luggage with CDS Baggage Service or at the bell desk at the Pan Pacific or Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel and then do a bit a sightseeing. Even with the 3:55 flight you should have the best part of 2.5 to 3 hrs which would let you visit Gastown, go up on the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre or a SeaBus ride across Vancouver's harbour. If you took the later flight you could have a quick visit to Stanley Park. After your touring you would pick up your luggage at where ever you checked it and then have the option of either catching the Canada Line or a cab to YVR. Allow yourself a min of 35 mins to get to YVR and 2 hrs to clear US customs and security.

Archived