spirit questions

jctraveller

travelling on spirit 18/3 and looking for the following information please

1. soft drinks available? when we cruised on Carnival a couple years ago there was always lemonade, iced tea, fruit punch, tea, coffee and hot choc available self service at the dispensers in the 24 hr buffet. Is this feature available on the Spirit, and if so, in which restaurants (Raffles, Blue Lagoon, Biergarden?) and with which beverages?

2. The Biergarden - are the foods in this restaurant available free of charge, what type of hours, and what sorts of food?

3. is there an age requirement for the spa/workout facilities (15 yr old interested in using equipement)?

Many thanks to all who have posted info. and menus for the Spirit, it's been really useful and we're really looking forward to our cruise.

:)

Hi there... Sorry I cant answer your questions, but would like to invite you to our Roll Call...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=81209

We will also be on this cruise with our 14 yr old daughter...is your 15 yr old a girl or boy? Looking forward to cruising with you and also getting answers to the above questions...

Elaine :)

I was on the 12/3 sailing- here are some of my thoughts to your questions.

1. soft drinks available? when we cruised on Carnival a couple years ago there was always lemonade, iced tea, fruit punch, tea, coffee and hot choc available self service at the dispensers in the 24 hr buffet. Is this feature available on the Spirit, and if so, in which restaurants (Raffles, Blue Lagoon, Biergarden?) and with which beverages? You can buy a soft drink "soda card" (different prices for kids and adults, we did not buy one so I do not remember how much they were) Anyway, i saw people with coke cups they would carry around and people would fill it with soda (at dinner, in the bars/lounges etc) Ice tea is availabe in the biffet and dinning room free. I do not remember seeing lemonade self service or hot coco. Please note: The Ble Lagoon does not have ice tea or soda but they were alway happy to get you soda if you wanted one

2. The Biergarden - are the foods in this restaurant available free of charge, what type of hours, and what sorts of food? It is not really a restaurant, it is an outdoor bar with self service burgers, fries, hot dogs, pretzels etc. Good for a quick bite to each and it is free. However, we would always go to the blue Lagoon (also free and open 24 hours) for a quick bite since food was made fresh (once you ordered it) and we felt sometimes food in the buffet or the Bier Garten looked like it was sitting a while (but we have pretty high standards for food so others might not think it was bad) The blue lagoon had chili, soups, hot dogs, burgers, fries and some other items, but again, were made fresh when you sat down to order. Not much sitting space, but it was never crowded. We only ate at Raffles once, after that we ate at Windows and loved it. (not huge buffet fans)

3. is there an age requirement for the spa/workout facilities (15 yr old interested in using equipement)? I do not rememer seeing a sign. I did see young people there while I was working out, but they were with parents. I would just say if they go there, make sure they do not mess around too much. It is a small space.

You will love this boat. Easy to find your way around, great decor, clean, great staff!

Have a couple of answers. They allow boarding @ Noon on the Spirit's 9-day sailing.

I believe the soft drink cards were $34 for the 9-day cruise. The Bier Garden sits up overlooking the pool area. It's nice if you're out by the pool and don't want to go inside to eat.

As someone else mentioned, the Blue Lagoon down on Deck 7 does cook up to order and the food pretty good. It was the only area that was open 24 hrs and I often went down to get some coffee in the evening. But the menu selection is very limited (hamburgers and stir frys) and probably only room for 20-25 people. However, you can sit outdoors on the Promenade Deck and have the food brought out.

Until the Spirit goes to dry dock next fall and they redo the Raffles Buffet area, the food is brought up from downstairs. However, I found that the offerings back on the Raffles Terrace were very good. In the morning, two omelet/eggs cooking stations to order were available and the lunch barbeques were very good. During the week, they were barbequeing steaks, hamburgers, ribs, chicken, hot dogs, ect. They also had a deli set-up with a variety of rolls, meats and salads. Once we discovered this area, it was generally where we ate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived