Carnival Elation vs Sea Princess

Carnival AZIPOD

GREAT photos, azipod... especially at the other links.

sea princess is definitely the prettier ship...

carnival would have been well served to have built the fantasy class more in approximately the same form as sea princess... then they wouldn't have to be adding those horribly unattractive balcony additions, and still only yield less than 100 'new' balconies... which you can totally tell are 'new'...

anyhow, kudos. thanks for the photos :)

GREAT photos, azipod... especially at the other links.

sea princess is definitely the prettier ship...

carnival would have been well served to have built the fantasy class more in approximately the same form as sea princess... then they wouldn't have to be adding those horribly unattractive balcony additions, and still only yield less than 100 'new' balconies... which you can totally tell are 'new'...

anyhow, kudos. thanks for the photos :)

I agree. These balconies make the ship look hideous. I still love Carnival though. :)

sensationbalconies1.jpg

dsc03476.jpg

I agree. These balconies make the ship look hideous. I still love Carnival though.

sensationbalconies1.jpg

they look horrible. nice option, for booking, but they're entirely detrimental to the exterior aesthetics of the ship.

now i never thought the fantasy class were particularly attractive ships from the exterior to begin with... but with the new 'additions' - even worse! seriously. they could have at least, in the areas they added the space, extended them all the way 'up' (deck 8, and 9 above, aft). i understand they didn't do as much, because these are dining room areas, not cabins... :confused:

but having a 'private lanai', however they mareketed it, off the dining room (including for smokers, starboard) would have some value, and tie together aspects of the poor aesthetic exterior construction of the renovations... and on deck 9 aft, would add to serenity deck area, which is perfect. ;)

PS - my biggest pet peeve with fantasy class (and actually spirit class ships, too!) are the fixed windows close to the bow, which 'angle' down and are staggered at different heights vs. the windows below them. that ALWAYS has bothered me, perhaps for being an architectural designer / builder myself. (though not of ships) :rolleyes:

again, great pics. :D

PPS - i still love carnival, too... just not the topic as noted above :cool:

Archived