Sheraton Yankee Clipper Resort - Ft Lauderdale

Dealmaker

Hi , my daughter stayed there this year and that was just one or two days prior to hurricanes Bonnie and Charlie, it was a pre cruise stay for 3 days (after the cruise they went right home the hurricane mess and all.), they enjoyed there stay , the hotel shows some ware it is right on the beach. It is conviently located near the port and close to the intercoastal waterway. It isn't the fancyest hotel, but suited there needs. However, I don't know if there was any damage during the hurricanes or not, perhaps there is someone else on the boards that has been there since.

Cori

I can tell you it is back in business as we made a shuttle stop there yesterday on way back to airport. Sorry I did not take a good look, but

from the outside it looked ok. :) It sits across the street from the beach.

Wish I could be of more help.

We stayed there in October and there was no damage at all. It is an older property, but our room was just beautiful. The staff is very accomodating. The pools aren't very opulent, but the hotel is right on the beach and that makes up for it. If you are travelling with kids there is a playground area just down the beach that was really fun.

To Northender: Part of the Clipper property is across the street from the beach, but the main building is right on the beach.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a good place to stay for a few days anyway. We did the pickup across the Street from the beach, so I just assumed that was the property. :)

Thanks to all that have replied! We have a reservation there on Nov 25, 2005 and will be sailing on Zuiderdam on Nov 26!!!!! I cannot wait! We live in Colorado and miss blue water! We sold our boat in 1999 to move to Colorado. While I love it here and the mountains, I am looking forward to experience either looking at the water, being on the water or in the water!:D We will be staying in an S Suite, which gives me the opportunity to look at the water any time I want!

Again, I really appreciate all of your responses.

Elizabeth

Archived