A dress code question on Thomson ships?

jojo67

Hi,

Due to sail next summer on Dream, never sailed with Thomson before so was wondering about the dress code on board. I am aware that long trousers are required in the evening for gentleman, would this also apply to my 13 year old son or would tailored shorts be ok? Also are shorts permitted to be worn by gentlemen at other times ie breakfast or lunch in the full service restaurant or is it long trousers at all times? We will be in the med July/August so I am assuming it will be warm!

Many thanks

I think you'll find most men wear shorts during breakfast and lunch even in the restaurants, I think those who eat lunch in the waitered restaurants don't bother changing but must cover up at least their top half with a t shirt or shirt. I've seen older gentlemen asked to cover up their vests during lunch and wear a t shirt or shirt

I would suggest that your son wears long trousers of an evening. Tailored shorts would probably not be commented on by staff but possibly draw attention to your son from other passengers, which, I'm sure, he wouldn't want to be gawped at or hear sniping comments from other passengers (see above for the "usual" comments)

In the self service restaurants shorts are OK at all times and i'm sure your son will probably want to hang out with other teens most of the nights, and therefore won't want to eat with his parents anyway IMHO! :)

Shorts in the restaurants :eek: Maybe a football shirt too, I sincerely hope not.:eek: under any circumstances................:mad::mad::mad:

Thank you for such an unhelpful comment! I was always brought up to believe if you've nothing good to say then don't say anything at all!

I think you'll find most men wear shorts during breakfast and lunch even in the restaurants, I think those who eat lunch in the waitered restaurants don't bother changing but must cover up at least their top half with a t shirt or shirt. I've seen older gentlemen asked to cover up their vests during lunch and wear a t shirt or shirt

I would suggest that your son wears long trousers of an evening. Tailored shorts would probably not be commented on by staff but possibly draw attention to your son from other passengers, which, I'm sure, he wouldn't want to be gawped at or hear sniping comments from other passengers (see above for the "usual" comments)

In the self service restaurants shorts are OK at all times and i'm sure your son will probably want to hang out with other teens most of the nights, and therefore won't want to eat with his parents anyway IMHO! :)

Many thanks, just the sort of help I was hoping for. I've 3 children & we will be on board for 2 weeks so packing needs to be as streamlined as possible. :)

Hi,

Due to sail next summer on Dream, never sailed with Thomson before so was wondering about the dress code on board. I am aware that long trousers are required in the evening for gentleman, would this also apply to my 13 year old son or would tailored shorts be ok? Also are shorts permitted to be worn by gentlemen at other times ie breakfast or lunch in the full service restaurant or is it long trousers at all times? We will be in the med July/August so I am assuming it will be warm!

Many thanks

Hello if its any help my hubby at lunch times and breakfast if we choose to go for the waiter service by using the resturant tends to put on chinos or casual slacks and wears a polo/tshirt just night times wears trousers/shorts/shirt tie/tux depending on code for that night ..formal to smart. have a super hols and yes ive allways found the kids tend to go off with new found friends a lot and eat with them but if not then id go with the chinos look for him but not shorts at night have a super hols x

Hello if its any help my hubby at lunch times and breakfast if we choose to go for the waiter service by using the resturant tends to put on chinos or casual slacks and wears a polo/tshirt just night times wears trousers/shorts/shirt tie/tux depending on code for that night ..formal to smart. have a super hols and yes ive allways found the kids tend to go off with new found friends a lot and eat with them but if not then id go with the chinos look for him but not shorts at night have a super hols x

Thanks Juliejane! Couldn't help but notice you're from Gloucestershire, we are in Almondsbury, are you very far away??

Hi,

Many thanks

Hi jojo

Dress code for Dream

A dress code applies during the evening.Except the formal night,the dress code is smart casual which means full length trousers and an open necked shirt/polo shirt for men and equivalent attire(eg casual seperates or dresses)for ladies..There is one formal night on each seven night cruise-normally the Captains cocktail party when theres the opportunity to dress up e.g Dinner jacket or Tuxedo for men but otherwise a suit and tie is fine.Ladies should be elegantly dressed-a cocktail or evening dress.The self service restaurant is open as normal on gala night for guests who prefer something a bit more casual.

Nothing on kids

I am booked for June so will be Mr Casual

Hi jojo

Dress code for Dream

A dress code applies during the evening.Except the formal night,the dress code is smart casual which means full length trousers and an open necked shirt/polo shirt for men and equivalent attire(eg casual seperates or dresses)for ladies..There is one formal night on each seven night cruise-normally the Captains cocktail party when theres the opportunity to dress up e.g Dinner jacket or Tuxedo for men but otherwise a suit and tie is fine.Ladies should be elegantly dressed-a cocktail or evening dress.The self service restaurant is open as normal on gala night for guests who prefer something a bit more casual.

Nothing on kids

I am booked for June so will be Mr Casual

Many thanks, I shall look forward to hearing all about your trip when you return. I understand June & September sailings are adult only, so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Many thanks, I shall look forward to hearing all about your trip when you return. I understand June & September sailings are adult only, so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Hi Jo,

Yes believe it is adult only when we go,also all inclusive.We have opted for a stay and cruise but will give you an update on the cruise when we return.

BTW..Got the dress code details from the thin Thompson brochure.

We cruised last Summer (Me and my 12 year old son) For the one "formal" night, I had purchased my son a pair of perma pressed walking shorts in white that I paired up with a white shirt and blue tie. He had a dark blue blazer and matching kneesox and it looked great and fit it fine. You could also do a similar coat/shorts/kneesox combo in other colors . Its more "formal" and yet more comfortable and age appropriate as well.

Archived