Solstice - Early Disembarkation on last day

KittyLiXX

Just booked Solstice 1/10/2010 - Did the Solstice last year and LOVED it !

Curious if people have had any problems with getting off the Solstice early on disembarkation day -

I've been told that you can tell the desk that you need to be off to catch a flight from FLL ( in this case flight is at 10:45) - -and print your boarding passes the night before....

Can you take your own luggage off ?? Do they have that ship to airport program with the luggage like some cruises?

Am I cutting it too close with the 10:45am flight ?

I think I should be able to do it - but ... I've not yet booked my air! Love to hear your thoughts on this one..

Lainie & Mark

I rolled my own luggage off last March. I was the third person off the ship and never stopped except for 15-20 seconds at customs until I got in the first taxi. We even had to wait for security to unlock the gate. I did not time it, but I doubt 20 minutes passed between the time I was on the ship and I was in line to check in at the airport. You simply line up on 5 (if I remember correctly) and wait for the ship to be cleared before they will let anyone off. That is the rate limiting step.

Thanks all - - Gambler that I am, I'll probably risk it with the early flight.

I know from past cruises, that even waiting - we were at the airport in no time at all - - only to wait several hours for our flight ..

Very excited to be talking cruise again - woo hoo !

Archived