Canon SX110 IS --any thoughts

junebug8

I have been eyeing this camera all summer. Anyone have it? Any thoughts? If you have it, does it have the color accent/color swap feature? Thanks!:)

Don't have this camera,but have a cannon ixus 80. A brilliant little camera,the best i've ever had. Can't go wrong with that make

I have been eyeing this camera all summer. Anyone have it? Any thoughts? If you have it, does it have the color accent/color swap feature? Thanks!:)

A gal in my office bought this camera at BJ's on Friday. I think she said she paid around $250 for it. She brought the camera to my desk so I could read through the manual for her (I'm the camera geek here) - and I played with the camera and all it's fun settings for an hour or so. It's a nice camera. You'll be amazed at the zoom. It does not have the color swap option which I thought was odd.

I don't have the camera you mentioned, the model I have is the SX10 IS. It's a little more expensive - I got mine for around $379. It does have Color Swap and I absolutely LOVE it. It has a ton of settings on it - I haven't used anything but Auto or Sport mode and have been thrilled with the pictures I've taken. I am a total amateur, this camera makes me look like a pro!

That is the one factor I don't like--no color option/swap.:mad: That makes me not want it but I like the price and the features. The 10is is really nice but a bit more than I want to spend.

I really want a Canon for the color accent feature.:)

I bought this camera last Feb. on sale for $239 CDN. The only thing I don't like is that there is no optical viewfinder and you really can't see what your shooting in bright sunlight. My friend, who was born with a camera in her hand (she's Japanese) also bought this camera a few months ago. She just came back from vacation and told me that when zooming in on a focal point, she'd loose sight and have to zoom back out and in again (hit and miss theory). It's a bit intimidating at first (and I'm "technically challenged") but if you play around with it.... Good luck.

A gal in my office bought this camera at BJ's on Friday. I think she said she paid around $250 for it. She brought the camera to my desk so I could read through the manual for her (I'm the camera geek here) - and I played with the camera and all it's fun settings for an hour or so. It's a nice camera. You'll be amazed at the zoom. It does not have the color swap option which I thought was odd.

We're looking for another camera..have a Kodak right now...pictures are decent. But we need a new one. I'm not too techo-savvy with regard to cameras, so any input will be appreciated.

Also - what is color swap?:o

• 2 weeks later...
We're looking for another camera..have a Kodak right now...pictures are decent. But we need a new one. I'm not too techo-savvy with regard to cameras, so any input will be appreciated.

Also - what is color swap?:o

I just bought a Fuji Finepix S1500 camera with 10mp, 12X optical zoom on sale in Canada for $179. And it has an optical viewfinder!!! I'm really useless looking for a moving target via the LCD. Anyway, I really like the camera and it's pretty easy to use.

'

Archived