Navigator…too large/closed in?

Looking for some advice…my family and I have only cruised on the smaller ships, i.e. Majesty, Enchantment, Grandeur, Radiance. MJ, Enchantment & Grandeur being our favorites. I wasn’t crazy about the Radiance b/c of the smaller pool area…

We are considering the Navigator, but are concerned about the size and atmosphere of the ship due to the Royal Promenade, etc. and everything being on the inside. We don’t like all the bells and whistles, we like what cruising used to feel like…and are outside/sun people. Will we be okay on the NOS? How is the pool deck, and is there ample seating? We get up early, but even early rising didn’t help on the Radiance, where I couldn’t find a chair anywhere around the pool. Any comments from cruisers who have done both? Thanks in advance.

Radiance has 3 pool areas... I've always had plenty of room by her pools, especially in the Solarium, with no difficulty finding seating. The Navigator is much more lively than Radiance with a lot more activity and people by the pools. If you are looking for a "classic" experience, i don't think that Navigator will be what you're looking for.

I never locate around the pool area but I loved the solarium on the NOS. That was my spot to read and enjoy quite and the sea. I liked it more than the one on the Grandeur only because it was open and Grandeurs was closed which made it very hot in August. The pool area on NOS, when I walked by, was a completely different world, once you stepped through the doors of the solarium, it was, well, active would be descriptive enough. If you want that, its there. I wouldnt say it was that much different from the pool area on the Grandeur which also seemed active. I like the bigger ships as they seem to afford you areas to do different things and appeal to all tastes. NOS seemed to be able to let you have serenity or very active enviornment based on your preference of the day.

Archived