Question about Group Bar Card

WendyVF

I'd like to hear from people that have used the bar card. What drinks were you able to order? Were Drink of the Day included? I know it's for drinks $7.50 and under but I don't remember prices for frozen drinks and such. How were the bartender/server attitudes? Were you able to use it everywhere? How about in the dining room?

Thanks for any input!

I'd like to hear from people that have used the bar card. What drinks were you able to order? Were Drink of the Day included? I know it's for drinks $7.50 and under but I don't remember prices for frozen drinks and such. How were the bartender/server attitudes? Were you able to use it everywhere? How about in the dining room?

Thanks for any input!

Most frozen drinks are around $5.75 before grats. DOD are included in the regular glass. You can pretty much order anything but the top shelf stuff. The bartenders are still getting tipped so they have no problems with it. You can use it everywhere but room service if I remember correctly.

Dave

Ours was $45 a day per person. I "think" the group has to be 15 people or more to qualify...we were a group of 275:eek: Everyone in the group has to get the card. I never had a problem getting any drink I ordered, as long as it didn't come in a special glass...maybe, I just never ordered anything that wasn't covered in the price range. Don't know about all ships, I would assume so.

It is only offered to groups of a minimum size assuming those who don't drink and/or are light drinkers will compensate for the alcoholics. Everyone in the group must purchase if old enough. Those not old enough must buy soda cards.

thanks

What is the reasoning behind a bar card being offered to groups?

Revenue..... in the example given of $45.00 per day X 7 days X 245 passengers = $ 86,625.00.... Quite a large revenue source considering Carnival purchases the liquor at wholesale..... 117.gif

I, for one, would pass-out, or fall down and knock myself out before I could finish 7 or 8 drinks each day for a week~~!!~~ I am thinking my liver would be pickled for SURE.....

Archived