Question about child's info listed wrong

BGsMom

I posted the following on the first time cruisers board, but several people were not really sure and said I might want to repost to the Carnival board. Any help would be appreciated.

When I booked, I gave the Carnival PVP our info over the phone. We have 3 children, the oldest is a girl, the other 2 are boys. The info online lists them all as boys. I called back today and let them know that dd is female, but was listed male. The PVP I used was busy, so I was speaking to someone else, who assured me that it showed Child on his screen and that it didn't really matter if it showed male on dd's. Is this correct or do I need to call again and request it to be fixed? I do not want to get there and they won't let her board because her sex is wrong on their part. She has a unisex name, so that wouldn't be a give away that she should be a girl.

Thanks for any help provided.

Funny this just happened to us...went to fill out his information today, for our cruise on the 26th and he was listed as a female! He's 19 and thought I might want to call carnival. They are changing it for us. I was nervous about his boarding also!! I'm sure it would be fixed upon boarding but didn't want to take the chance.

As long as the names and DOB are correct, nothing else matters.

Except to that kid :D!

Though unlikely to be an issue with boarding, it could be problematic in some ways on board, so I would have them change that passenger record. Should be very easy for the right agent to do.

Why not send an email or letter in writing, including your booking number to the guest relations contact listed on the website. I'll bet you get quick results!

When I booked our cruise online, I neglected to select a title for myself. Evidently, it defaults to Mr. as I found out when I got my S&S card. The only problem we had was our cabin steward had our beds made as twins and we had to ask to have them switched.

I would call back and have them fix it. Carnival had my name with my daughter's birthdate and her name with my birthdate. It was fixed in less than a minute when I called. No hassle whatsoever.

exactly....and make sure you get an email saying the correction was made.

Archived