Anniversary question???

ncovert

So this November will be my fourth year married to my lovely wife. We love to cruise and we live close to San Diego and Los Angeles. I do not have a ginormous budget, but would like to simi surprise her with a cruise.

We will be going on the Elation this October and have been on the Paradise, which are the two ships that it looks like our weekend cruise will be on. I do not remember negative qualities of the Paradise. I was wondering if there were a few people out there that would be kind enough to do a "compare/contrast" of the two ships.

Thanks in advance

So this November will be my fourth year married to my lovely wife. We love to cruise and we live close to San Diego and Los Angeles. I do not have a ginormous budget, but would like to simi surprise her with a cruise.

We will be going on the Elation this October and have been on the Paradise, which are the two ships that it looks like our weekend cruise will be on. I do not remember negative qualities of the Paradise. I was wondering if there were a few people out there that would be kind enough to do a "compare/contrast" of the two ships.

Thanks in advance

1st of all.... Congrats on your Anniversay. The Elation has a Very.... Very Special place in Mine & DW's Life. She was the 1st Carnival Ship we sailed on to Celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversay. As I have been told by a past TA.... the Paridise & the Elation are "Extreamly Simular" on the inside.

They were the last two Fantasy Class Ships Built.

IMOP..... it will be a Wonderful Suprise for your Bride of 4 years to sail on the Elation.

I say.... go for it..... book the Cruise and sail away the two of you :)

1st of all.... Congrats on your Anniversay. The Elation has a Very.... Very Special place in Mine & DW's Life. She was the 1st Carnival Ship we sailed on to Celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversay. As I have been told by a past TA.... the Paridise & the Elation are "Extreamly Simular" on the inside.

They were the last two Fantasy Class Ships Built.

IMOP..... it will be a Wonderful Suprise for your Bride of 4 years to sail on the Elation.

I say.... go for it..... book the Cruise and sail away the two of you :)

That would mean that next year would be your, 30th contrats to you. We went to Alaska this summer and it was wonderful.

Thanks for the advice on the Elation. We have never been, yet. But as a town we both like San Diego far more then LA, not too sure how much time we will be able to spend before or after though.

As mentioned, they are VERY similar. They both have been in dry dock recently, the Elation this year and the Paradise last year. They both appear to have gotten the Serenity Adults Only area at the aft end of the ship but not the other Evolutions of Fun upgrades.

I would think it would boil down to itinerary and price!!

:)

That would mean that next year would be your, 30th contrats to you. We went to Alaska this summer and it was wonderful.

Thanks for the advice on the Elation. We have never been, yet. But as a town we both like San Diego far more then LA, not too sure how much time we will be able to spend before or after though.

Thanks Nick,

Check out these Pics.... I hope they help.

http://www.cruiseweb.com/CARNIVAL-ELATION-PHOTO-GALLERY.HTM

http://www.cruiseweb.com/CARNIVAL-PARADISE-PHOTO-GALLERY.HTM

Enjoy your Cruise :)

Enjoy your cruise and anniversary! Elation was our introduction to cruising. Our 10th anniversary is Oct. 9; we'll be celebrating on Pride.

OMG...... emelvee.... thats when DW & I sailed the Elation.... We sailed from Galveston, Texas April 10th 2005 ! ! !

Were we on the Elation at the same time ???????

Thanks in advance

Having been on both ships I must agree with other posters there are more similarities than differences. I do know that sailings out of San Diego tend to be more reasonably priced. Dw and I had a great time on both and will be on the Paradise early next year. Happy anniversary and enjoy whatever cruise works for you! :)

I'm sailing this October on Elation too. Oct 16th. My 2nd cruise on Elation. I haven't been on the other ship but I have sailed out of Los Angeles and San Diego and I will choose San Diego anyday as my port to leave from. I love San Diego. My favorite city in the world. Elation is a good ship and she gets lots of rave reviews. But I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Thanks to all of the help. The pictures were very helpful too. I was not sure what the inside of the Elation looked like. I like how huge the Atrium on the Pride felt and this looks pretty nifty too. I think my leaning towards the Elation has been persuaded almost all the way to the Elation. Thanks again for everyone's input, now I just need to make the booking and we will be on our way.

I havent been on either so i cant help there. But it is so sweet that your thinking of doing this for your wife. For extra bonus point pack some silk rose petals and candy that she likes and when she is in the shower decorate your bed with the petals and candy.:p

This is a great idea... Thank you.

I have not booked the Elation yet, but do not know how to get my wife to take the time off without telling her my plans. Guess it can be a partial surprise....

Archived