Circumnavigating Australia - Telstra Mobile Wireless

Sarvowinner

Hi - I've done a pretty thorough search but haven't found any reference to whether you can use Telstra's Wireless Broadband service on board the Rhapsody or other P&O ships when the cruise is in & out of Australian ports.

We are thinking of taking the ROS cruise from Sydney to Perth and figure we could use our laptops in our cabins while in port or approaching/leaving the ports as we have to stay in contact for work. Has anyone used it?

Thanks

Hi - I've done a pretty thorough search but haven't found any reference to whether you can use Telstra's Wireless Broadband service on board the Rhapsody or other P&O ships when the cruise is in & out of Australian ports.

We are thinking of taking the ROS cruise from Sydney to Perth and figure we could use our laptops in our cabins while in port or approaching/leaving the ports as we have to stay in contact for work. Has anyone used it?

Thanks

Hi there,

When we were on the Rhapsody going from Sydney to Vila etc, our mobile worked most of the time. On ships in the past we only had coverage at ports. The ROS has an excellent satellite system, and our phone even worked in the cabin. I am 100% sure your mobile will have coverage, especially since you are sailing so close to Australia. We were with Optus, but friends were with Virgin....all worked well.

Cheers,

Jen

Archived