Grand Cayman on the cheap?

CruisinStarFish

I have been scouring websites and forums and review sites since booking in March hehehe, yeah, mildly excited! So far I haven't found much in the way of great reviews about this stop. Of course everyone says how gorgeous it is and I'm sure it is! We are looking to just beach it that day and aren't interested in any tours. Which is the best beach not far from the boat for this that hopefully won't be too crowded and also a nice place in walking distance for lunch and good drinks that won't break the bank as I have read how GC is on the pricy side. I hope someone can get me fired up and excited about this stop!

check out the "sticky" above labled..Sticky: Grand Cayman : Compiled info : beaches, transport, snorkling, interesting facts, etc ...I see it has tons of info on each bach and self serve transportation options IE: Bus or Taxi...Have a great cruise

I'm not sure how cheap you want to be but you can take a taxi to the Reef Grill for $4/person or the bus for $2.50/person. The beach is free if you don't mind sitting on your towel and they have free bathrooms and showers. If you feel it is too crowded right there you can walk up or down the beach until you find a quiet spot and sit there. The Reef Grill has their menu on their website at http://www.reefgrill.com. If I remember correctly there were fast food places in the area if you feel that the prices at the Reef Grill are too high.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

I didn't find GC prices much different from other top-tier Carib islands. There are plenty of inexpensive food options. There is phenomenal shore snorkeling right in Georgetown, and it's free if you have your own gear. Otherwise you can rent equipment. Beaches are free and beautiful. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

dh & i just grabbed a local tour person...$5 pp took us and a mini shuttle full of people down to 7mile beach...with that $5, we got a free drink at marriot beach/bar.

there is a bus stop right across the street, and we took the bus back to the pier when we were done.

we had a couple of drinks at the little bar. i had my beach blanket and our own snorkel stuff...i snorkeled right there just a few feet away from the sand. this was our cheapest excursion we've ever done and we enjoyed ourselves alot.

Archived