Adventure Beach .. Age limit?

ineedacruise

Is there an age limit to Adventure Beach. My son who will be 11 on our next cruise plans to spend a lot of his time there. Will he be much older than the other kids? Is it geared more towards toddlers? Which pool would suit him best because he is not a great swimmer?

Adventure Ocean has distinct age groupings that keep the pre-school set separate from the early-elementary school set vs late elementary school set. The grouping your son would likely be in would include 9 to 11 year olds. The activities are geared toward the age group. There are programs for the older kids as well. I've found that most of the counselors are guys in their twenties and are VERY high energy. I would think he would find things to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I'm confused about something... with Adventure Beach... can parents take their kids there on their own or do the kids only go with the organized kids program. Are adults allowed to go down the slide and swim??? We have never cruised before so I am learning as I go.

Also, the picture on the RC website barely shows anything there. Is it a small area?

Here is a link to a great website with photos.

http://oasis.fortunecity.com/tropicana/431/Voyagertour36.html

Since I have not been on the ship yet I will state what I have learned...

The parents go with the kids to the adventure ocean. There are big and small lounges and two different size slides. From the photos I am not sure an adult could do the bigger slide.

Archived